Creative Design AMA - Zed, the Master of Shadows

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LJMazi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Well this is exciting! You people should do this more. Well, here's my questions please!

- Since he reattained the box, did he learn anything he hadn't learned the first time he peaked?

- If he destroyed the box, what would happen? Would I take his powers away, not allow anyone to have those powers, blow up? I can't see many reasons why Shen's father has not destroyed it seeing as he suggested Zed do it so it must not be a huge consequence.

- Why didn't Shen's father just destroy the box?

- Why doesn't Zed destroy the box seeing as he doesn't want anyone on his level. Chances are someone in the future will steal the box or use it against him since he currently possesses it. He's a smart fellow I'd assume, please don't make another story where someone steals it when there is little to no consequence (actual benefit IMHO) to destroying it.

- Can he force someone to look in the box? What if he forced Shen to look in the box just for the ultimate evil - corruption.

As you can tell, I really love this lore. Mainly focused on the box, but the entire thing is just very joyous for me and I don't usually love lores like that. I have a dozen more questions, but I'll give you a break .

-LJ

Tortferngatr

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WateryMind View Post
My question is:

Will we get a Dr Zed skin?

(medical license is optional)
Dr. McLuchazed seems much more likely IMO.

Flt Lt Barkhorn

11-06-2012

How does Shen, as the Eye of Twilight who judges without prejudice, think about Zed and how his father was killed?

ThorRush

11-06-2012

Good to see old characters get more background - it looks like Shen's impartiality is going to play a role in the future.

Inspiration wise, does Zed's box have any relation to Pandora's box? Maybe it's not definitively evil, but the fact that Zed got his power from an object, a box, reminded me of Pandora's box.

PenguinPaladin

11-06-2012

Do you really have to reveal what happened between Zed and Shen's dad in a later story? I think it's the most perfect execution of vague lore in the entire league, and I want it to be kept that way.

ssunflash

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaztorX View Post
Akali?

I think that's the idea. Akali is "the fist of shadow" and her passive is "twin disciplines." They alluded to a former pupil of Zed's that has fallen out of his favor. I think it's safe to say she's on the short list (if not the only one on the list) of possible students.

kingsh1ong

11-06-2012

Sooo yeah inb4, akali was in Zeds order and then left to join Kennan and Shen

Rhaegel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Where does Akali's mother fit into Zed's background or is she going to be removed/modified with the upcoming ninja bio reworks? Cause as it stands right now it seems that she would also play some kind of part in his story being a part of the previous kinkou and I'm assuming having some kind of relation with Shen's father. Since she would have been the one to eliminate said threats back when she was the "fist of the shadows" it seems logical that she wouldn't just sit back.

At the same time what does Zed think of Akali's mother assuming she isn't removed and is he threatened at all by her?

Shadow Master

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
Kitae has spoken about this in the past, but essentially, explaining why a champion joined the League in previous bios usually felt like a one-liner without much depth and drew focus away from the character's story.
So instead they now have absolutely no reason to join? Brilliant.

RenĂ mon

11-07-2012

Is Noxus or Demacia aware of Zed's growing army, and does Zed have any long term goals in mind?