Creative Design AMA - Zed, the Master of Shadows

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bejango

11-06-2012

even if you can't say what it is will there be a secret passive between Zed and Shen or at least a special interaction? example Rengar/Kha'Zix Zilean/Volibear etc.

KiteMeGood

11-06-2012

Akali seems to be the one recommended by Zed, or at least Zed knew Akali's mother and wanted Akali to become the enforcer part of the Kinkou and in fact Akali's biological father before like Shen severing all ties to seek the title as the Eye of Twilight, the part that does not hesistate to murder innocents if needed. Kennen seems to be the guy who dispenses lightning justice afterall.

Solomon Gunn

11-06-2012

Did Zed always fight with Wrist blades? Or did he choose them after he opened the box?

maxterdexter

11-06-2012

The ninja trio was formed before Zed attacked?

Why does he particulary hates Kennen?

How magical and how close to Rune Wars Level is his shadow power?

How does he feel about noxus? As they attacked the Ionia that he percives as weak and in need of destruction.

Is he mean to regular people? What about his students?

Did he find the shadow box again? It's still in his posession? Has he found another secret sealed techniques?

Darklarik

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post

They consider him a very formidable enemy, but I doubt they consider him utterly beyond redemption. The Kinkou wish to re-establish the balance upset by Zed's delving into forbidden arts, and there are multiple paths to that goal. Perhaps they can reason with him and convince Zed of his misdeeds, or perhaps they'll have to destroy him to regain order. Either way, the Kinkou will do what needs to be done.
Am i to assume the "good guys" automatically win? I want Zed to win...

Darklarik

11-06-2012

OHHH IMPORTANT QUESTION

Zed's Recall Animation? What are those dark symbols? what is that 'gate' he opens to recall or escape when hes been dealt lethal damage? TEEL MEE

Bowieneko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Akali and Kennen remain Zed's enemies, but we have some interesting ideas about Akali's connection to Zed in particular.

Food for thought: Akali's passive is "twin disciplines," her title "the Fist of Shadow" ... hmmmm. : )
Quote:
He may have had a "favorite student" at one point... but this particular student is no longer a part of his Order. :O
Akali used to be his favorite student, but defected.

Darklarik

11-06-2012

Quote:

It's fairly simple, on a spectrum of light and darkness, where balance is the middle ground, shadows seemed an understandable representation of the far end of that scale.
Ohh, so is this hinting a future 'Light' Ninja who is also opposed to the Kinkou because hes on the far end of the scale of good?

Also, i imagine Nocturne would actually be a bad enemy to Zed. Shadows cant exist without light, Nocturne blackens everything, shadows cant exist.

CoolHandJack

11-06-2012

Quote:
Had to ask 20thCenturyFaux for this one (the creative designer who worked on Zed)! Essentially, sealed within the box was forbidden knowledge. He's able to train others in his image because, having opened the box, it's essentially imprinted on his mind.

Part of the reason it was sealed away by Ionia was that it is trainable. Once it's unleashed, it has the potential to spread like wildfire--and someone wanted to keep it under control...

Hey thanks for answering the questions. My question is that you make it sound like whatever was in the box is not just some martial arts style, but an actual entity. Is it possible that whatever Zed unleashed from the box isn't just some kind of power, but something more along the lines of a parasite or is some how symbiotic in some way? I am thinking like a Venom/Carnage sort of deal, and this is why the Ionians locked it away? That maybe the Shadow-style itself isn't corrupt, but is an actual entity that corrupts people?

Grand Viper

11-06-2012

So an honest question this time, how do the Kinkou work?

In my mind there were very specific roles that the three main members played.

Judge, Jury, and Executioner.

The Eye of Twilight, the Heart of Tempest, and the Fist of Shadows.

It made sense since Shen is the stoic one, Kennen is the more energetic (literally) one who has a different perspective on life and Akali is one of the most well trained and physically powerful women in the League (Cutting the dangling chain with a karate chop).

Is this sort of thinking incorrect when I think of the three?