Yukimura Sanada, the Passionate Samurai (reboot)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dpaladinx

11-07-2012

A reboot from my old idea with a few changes.

Yukimura Sanada, the Passionate Samurai

voiced by: Johnny Yong Bosch

Attributes: Melee, Carry, Assassin, Jungler

Weapon: dual wielding yaris (spear). He wields a sankaku yari in his left hand and a Kikuchi yari at the right.

• Health: 435 (+81)
  • Health regen: 7.1 (+.811)
  • Fury: 100 (+5.88) [gains 5 Fury per autoattack and 25 Fury (+5 per level) if he deals the killing blow on the enemy champion. Loses 35% of his current Fury whenever he uses his abilities (with the exception of his Burning Passion, which is a toggle ability). He also loses 5 Fury per second after 5 seconds out of combat. He current Fury for his abilities will be calculated first, followed by the innate Fury loss.]
  • Range: 175
  • Attack Damage: 51 (+3.7)
  • Attack speed: 0.662 (+2.81%)
  • Armor: 16.5 (+3.7)
  • Magic Resist: 25 (+1..3)
  • Mov. Speed: 335

Rating:
Attack: 10/10
Defense: 3/10
Ability: 3/10
Difficulty: 6/10

(Innate) Hot-blooded: Yukimura increases his max Fury by 5.88 every time he levels up (not counting lvl 1). In addition, his auto-attacks deal 1/2/3/4/5 true damage for every 10 Fury he stores.

Q Ability Burning Throw: (Active) Yukimura throws his left yari into the enemy champion and drags the enemy champion toward him, dealing 30/35/40/45/50 (+1.3 per attack damage) physical damage at hit and stunning the enemy champion for 1.25 seconds. In addition, if Yukimura has 100 or more Fury, Burning Throw also reduce healing, health regeneration, spell vamp, and life steal by 50% and dealing true damage [(75/100/125/150/175 (+0.5 per ability power) total true damage] for 4 seconds. The projectile range is increased by 200 at maximum Fury.
  • Cooldown: 16/14/12/10/8 seconds.
  • Range: 550
  • Projectile Speed: 1800

W Ability Daisharin:

(Passive): Yukimura's attack range increased by 2/4/6/8/10

(Active) Yukimura spins his yaris to create a whirlwind around him for 3 seconds. Nearby enemies are dealt 40/90/130/180/230 (+1.3 per attack damage) physical damage per second and are slowed by 15/20/25/30/35% for 2 seconds. Yukimura's movement speed increases by 20% and cannot use any other abilities or autoattack during Daisharin's duration, but can deactivate it anytime by activating it again after 1 second. Enemies that are within his range are knocked upwards when Daisharin is activated and knocked back once Daisharin ends.
  • Cooldown: 25/20/18/16/12 seconds
  • AoE Diameter: 400

E Ability Burning Passion:

(Passive) Yukimura gains 0.1% life steal per attack damage (maximum 25%) and 0.15% attack speed per Fury point.

(Toggle) Yukimura surrounds himself with a hot-blooded aura. Yukimura deals 45/55/65/75/85 (+0.01 per ability power) magic damage (true damage against minions) to surrounding enemies around him. In addition, he gains an additional 1/2/3/4/5% Life Steal and 5/10/15/20/25% attack speed when Burning Passion is active. When out of Fury, he will consume health per second instead, but loses his additional Life Steal and attack speed bonus.
  • Cost: 30/35/40/45/50 health per second or 10/11/12/13/14/15 Fury per second
  • AoE Diameter: 350

R Ability (Ultimate) Phoenix Rising: (Active) Yukimura leaps into the air for 3 second and crashes down to the target area, dealing 700/800/900 (+1.5 ability power) true damage and an additional 0.5/0.75/1 true damage per remaining Fury he has. During the duration, enemies and allies within the target area will run around in fear. If Burning Passion is active, enemies within target area will be forced to attack Yukimura for 1/2/3 seconds after landing (all other allies within target area will be given 15/20/25% attack speed and 20/30/40 ability power for 20 seconds instead). Yukimura loses all of his Fury after landing.
  • Cooldown: 240/220/200 seconds
  • Range to center of AoE: Global
  • AoE Diameter: 1200
  • Easter egg: If Yukimura uses his ultimate about 1-2 second after Pantheon uses his in the same targeted area, Yukimura will shout: "YOUR LORDSHIP!"

Recommended Items:
Classic:
  • Doran's Blade
  • Berserker's Greaves
  • Sunfire Cape
  • The Bloodthrister
  • Phantom Dancer
  • Infinity Edge

Dominion
  • Prospector's Blade
  • Boots of Mobility
  • Phantom Dancer
  • Infinity Edge
  • Sanguine Blade
  • Thornmail

Lore:
Those who live in Ionia strive for spiritual enlightenment and tranquility. The said spiritual enlightenment has always been the passion of the Ionian culture. Then there are some who find their enlightenment and passion through battle.

Yukimura Sanada is the last surviving member of the Takeda clan in Ionia after the invading Noxian forces slaughtered the entire clan. Fill with anger and rage, Yukimura Sanada spent his life building his combat skills to swear an angry revenge against the brutal Noxian regime.

That is, until he met a Rakkor warrior at Mount Targon who challenged Yukimura into a duel. Both Yukimura and the said warrior fought fiercely in the duel that ended in a draw. However, Yukimura acknowledges that the Rakkor warrior bested over him, as the Rakkor warrior told the young Yukimura that soldiers should thrive in war with art and passion, not out of blind rage of revenge. Touched and inspired by the words of the Rakkor warrior, he decided to convert his rage of revenge against Noxus, to the burning hot-blooded passion of battle and war based on the enlightened Ionian beliefs and Rakkor artistic ethics or war.

Now, Yukimura Sanada is a samurai filled with passion of battle and war. He and the Rakkor warrior became close friends and even the Rakkor warrior admires his passion of battle. Thus, the Rakkor warrior introduced Yukimura Sanada into the League to improve Yukimura's combat skills and spread the passion of battle to others.

Yukimura Sanada is a man with a so burning passion of war, so much so that even water cannot extinguish his hot-blooded flames of battle.
-Pantheon, the Artisan of War

Quotes:

On select:"They can never extinguish my burning passion of battle!"

Movement:
  • I thrive to fight!
  • Follow my lead!
  • I am the strong!
  • I am the flame!
  • I'm just getting started!
  • With burning passion!
  • FORWARD!
  • I thrist in passion!
  • My hot-bloodness is just starting!
  • The burning passion of battle is the true way!

Attacking
  • With PLEASURE!
  • PUT ME TO THE TEST!
  • THEY WILL FACE MY BURNING PASSION!
  • THIS IS THE TRUE ENLIGHTENMENT OF IONIA!
  • I got this!
  • FACE ME!
  • STRIKE WITH PASSION!
  • THE FLAMES OF PASSION ARE HEATING UP!

When using Burning Throw:
  • CATCH!
  • FACE ME!
  • FACE THE SPEAR!

After reaching max fury: "IT'S BURNING TIME!"

When activating Daisharin: "DAISHARIN!"

When activating Burning Passion:
  • By my burning passion!
  • THE FLAME OF PASSION CAN NEVER BE EXTINGUISHED!
  • BY THE PASSION'S FIRE!

Upon activating Phoenix Rising: "Burning fireball, CRASHING DOWN!"

Upon landing Phoenix Rising:
  • INCOMING!
  • FACE ME!
  • YOUR LORDSHIP! (If Pantheon lands his ultimate before him at the same area)

Taunt:
  • You will never understand my burning passion!
  • Try fighting fire with fire next time.

Joke:
  • Hammy? HAMMY! I would rather have a MEGA BEEF BOWL NOW!
  • Yes, I always shout my attacks, makes me more hot-blooded!
  • So, I herd u liek some passion with a chance of raining fireballs.

Eklispe

11-07-2012

op......

Dpaladinx

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklispe View Post
op......
Anything voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch is OP, because he's voiced Johnny Yong Bosch.

But seriously, elaborate on why my idea is op and how you can fix that.

Dpaladinx

11-08-2012

Okay guys, I really want some feedback on my idea. If there are things that you don't like such as damage scaling or the mechanics of the skills, please tell me and I'll fix that. Don't just say "op."

Elrin Ventarius

11-08-2012

I personally love the idea, but there's way too much true damage. I think the true damage passive is the only one that is fair because it's a small amount.

Dpaladinx

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrin Ventarius View Post
I personally love the idea, but there's way too much true damage. I think the true damage passive is the only one that is fair because it's a small amount.
Oh, so the true damage part is what's OP. Lol, I thought you guys meant the CC effects on my ultthat is OP.

To be fair, the true damage scaling seems to be reasonable to me (particular his Q doesn't really do much damage unless you get 100 fury or more, and his E toggle's true damage only applies to minions). Also, true damage can be easily countered with high health items.

I'll look into this more to readjust the true damage scaling.

Dpaladinx

11-11-2012

A few additional changes I've made:
-reduced his base HP to be a bit more squishier
-reduced his Q range and projectile speed. The max fury effect will increase his Q range. On champion impact is physical damage, but the burning effect will be true damage scaled on AP instead. Reduced AD and AP scaling for Q
-increased AP scaling for his ultimate
-changed cooldown scaling for his W.

I fixed the true damage scaling, anything else I need to improve on?