The New TT competitive play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PewPoPew12

11-06-2012

I have played the new map a good bit and I played the old map over 1000 wins. The new map is definitely more active but when it comes down to it can the new map have competitive play? I was talking with a friend last night 1900 elo in 5s player and I was trying to explain what I liked and disliked about the new map and he said it perfectly its more of a mini game than a competitive game. The focus is more on objective than game play. The laning phase is so short its almost non existent and with no wards a jungler like say fiddle is almost guaranteed a kill for his team every time he ganks with ult. With the new items (which I know are getting nerfed) brusiers are still the meta and wasn't this map suppose to make it different? Now I'm not saying the new map isn't fun to play but in my opinion it will never become a competitive map and if the old TT will not becoming back I believe you will have a lot more to change on the new map to make it even slightly popular for ranked games. Even then I feel like it would be used more to get a certain elo for the achievements than anything else but this is just my opinion. Would love some feed back from the community.

Goggris

11-06-2012

Whether or not it can have competitive play really boils down to whether or not people will enjoy watching/spectating it.

With regard to this I think it has more in its favor than SR. More action, shorter game lengths, extremely varied initial strategies (my teams have been cycling through a plethora of successful starting strategies).

Where it suffers is the current lack of champion viability. While I do think more champions are viable than old TT, it seems that Bruiser + Bruiser + AP dominates, and this leaves out a lot of champions. That being said, there is still time for undiscovered comps and counters to come forth.

Lastly, it needs a larger base of people interested and playing it. If Riot offered some support, whether through tournaments/featured streamers/featured spectator mode, it could do quite a bit to raise awareness and turn the map into something people view as more competitive.

PewPoPew12

11-06-2012

Idk when Im watching a game I don't like to know whose going to win in the first ten minutes, and as you said its the same champion over and over. I also agree about the "undiscovered comps" but as it stands right now I just don't see it being very popular competitively. Adc and other such champs you have to play flawlessly so that you don't get run over by brusier, not saying it isn't possible just hard. Also after the early game strat its really just who catches who out of position first.