thornmail, and why is really sucks

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desocupado

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Maybe it should be cheaper and weaker...
50 Armor, no cloth armor on the recipe, 800g for recipe.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostStalker

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
It's being removed for a few reasons.
1. It scales with your opponent's strength, not your own.
2. The gold necessary to counter it (on 3's anyway) far outweighs the investment to buy it.
3. It doesn't introduce any gameplay.
That's absurd. ADC's to a crapton of damage, and the only truly viable way of consistently putting a deterrent in their damage is the thing you're removing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStalker86 View Post
That's absurd. ADC's to a crapton of damage, and the only truly viable way of consistently putting a deterrent in their damage is the thing you're removing.
No one ever accused ADCs of being viable in TT


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-06-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStalker86 View Post
That's absurd. ADC's to a crapton of damage, and the only truly viable way of consistently putting a deterrent in their damage is the thing you're removing.
Well, I guess I should add #4.

4. Allows you to counter an opponent without directly interacting with him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

I dont play TT, but on SR i never buy thornmail. It's always better to get Frozen Heart or Randuins.

Is it that big of a problem on TT?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JETxGREEN

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Well, I guess I should add #4.

4. Allows you to counter an opponent without directly interacting with him.
Frozen heart does this as well same with randuins. Don't take away the diversity of late game armor that is offered please unless you have something intended to replace it. Great you guys have added a few items to threes but i think you need to keep the diversity of items to build depending on your situation. increse the gold cost or tweak it for 3's but dont take it out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostStalker

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Well, I guess I should add #4.

4. Allows you to counter an opponent without directly interacting with him.
Sounds like any defensive item.....ever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orbital Nuke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Well, I guess I should add #4.

4. Allows you to counter an opponent without directly interacting with him.
Just like every aura item in the game? Except less so.
Aegis and Frozen heart especially so for ADC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimwolff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStalker86 View Post
That's absurd. ADC's to a crapton of damage, and the only truly viable way of consistently putting a deterrent in their damage is the thing you're removing.
Not true, Frozen Heart and Randuin's also hurt ADC damage output. Also, ADC need this buff because they get simply wrecked by the bruiser meta of TT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViolentlyCar

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETxGREEN View Post
Frozen heart does this as well same with randuins. Don't take away the diversity of late game armor that is offered please unless you have something intended to replace it. Great you guys have added a few items to threes but i think you need to keep the diversity of items to build depending on your situation. increse the gold cost or tweak it for 3's but dont take it out.
Frozen Heart and Randuin's Omen aren't very interesting items, either...


123456 ... 7