Quasi-Legit Meta Breaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SquarePeg

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
Depends.

If you have a jungler like Maokai or my personal favorite, Skarner, and someone like Vladamir or Mordekaiser top, then you could have an AD mid. Just not Vayne. Someone with really long range, that could survive bursts. Sivir comes to mind due to her spell shield. Talon works but he's an assassin, not an AD carry.

Bot lane confuses me in what you say though.... You mean to have a roamer and a true bot? Roamer would likely be Twitch as he does that well, but that gets really sketchy.... Bot lane solo? Not sure who could handle that.... Maybe Shen. Maybe.
Yeah, you got the idea with the jungler, though i think skarner might require too much farm to be effective. Vayne prolly wouldnt be the best mid, agreed, though she's not bad at getting away.

The bot lane would be either a normal top laner (ad/ap bruiser) or the ap carry, depending on which has a better 1 v 2.
The roamer would be someone who can build full tank mostly, and their job would be to gank top and bot and occasionally mid, to go counterjungling with the adc and support/jungle, and to push top and bot lanes. Shen would be best because he has two teleports, but TP would be a must for this role.

SquarePeg

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
I do not find it uncommon to take Yorick solo bot. Plus he could revive the _____ to allow them to do damage again if they die.
yeah, yorick is a good one, also people like morde, vlad, GP, jayce, olaf, Cho, shen, kayle, just strong 1 v 2 people with decent range and aoe

SquarePeg

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friesguy Nuggets View Post
I'm not going to say if this is a good or bad idea (I have no clue), but here's some suggestions in team ocmps.

Nidalee, Yorick, Jayce, Gangplank, really any top laner who can farm well from range could be a good solo bot lane.

If you want to run a comp like this, send Vladimir top. He has enough sustain to survive top lane anyways. I've seen some Katarina players go top recently with great success, and she's nearly impossible to gank with her escape. Just some ideas. Another tip, if you were to run a 5s comp like this, I'd highly suggest counter-jungling HARD with that roamer and jungler. Being able to 2 v 1 an enemy jungler in their jungle could be dangerous for them, and would be the only way your jungler and roamer would get enough experience and gold to keep up with the enemy jungler.

Small note, if you were to run a comp like this (which I think could be done as a nice "counter meta" if you were able to execute it perfectly, but emphasis on the perfectly), you could also just say "Screw regular supports" and take another duelist into the jungle to help kill the enemy jungler faster. I'm not sure how having another bruiser instead of a support would effect late game team fights. And anyways, if you were to run this type of team, you HAVE to win early. The longer the game goes, the more chances there are for the enemy jungler to catch up in the game. And the enemy AD Carry would be farming bot lane against your solo laner easily, so you'd have to have your AD Carry farm well in mid.

Anyways, it's a better suggestion than others I've seen, and Dignitas used something a little like this in the world finals, and it had some potential (before it got leaked lol). If you end up forming a team based around something like this, post some vids (if you're successful that is haha)
Thanks for the best response I've seen yet! I agree completely, sending support/jungle and roaming tank counterjungling would be a good idea. For the jungle/support, you need people who can clear the jungle well, but get by on little to no gold and minimal XP. Probably you'd be building double gp10 aegis or some like. People for this would be like nunu, maokai, ali, xin zhao (great duelist even without damage)

Not sure why you would have to win early though, the idea of this would be to create a mega-farmed, mega-leveled adc to rock their world mid--lategame, all other advantages are just side effects.

I do intend to try this as soon as possible, the issue lies in the lack of... synchronization with my friends, I don't think I could try something complicated with them.
(Btw, even if this is proven to be effective, it would be something that would only work once or twice against any given team, it CAN be countered easily enough if you know whats gonna happen)

SquarePeg

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Slurpees View Post
ADC Mid? Zilean accepts the challenge
Unfortunately, zilean is a sub-par mid normally, and you can pick holes and counters in ANY strategy if you know what it is before the game

also, you keep ur zilean i have lifesteal :P

SquarePeg

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoWhiteSoldier View Post
It sounds interesting but a few things worry me. 1) Support: if the support is basically a jungle support then that means there is no place in the team comp for traditional supports. Blitz, Amumu, Nautilus, etc could do it but not the squishy ones like Sona, Soraka, Janna. 2) AP Carry: does this team comp even have mages? The best I can think of would be an AP assassin as your fifth roamer but that cuts out a lot of powerful picks that'll just get used against you to burst the hell out of that carry. 3) Top and Bot: Is this a double bruiser set-up? You would pretty much need a bruiser at top and likely a very tanky bruiser at bot to go 1 v 2.

It seems like it could be effective but the champion selection for this comp seems really limited and easy to counter-pick.
yeah, the champ selection would be more limited, but you can't counterpck what you dont expect.

There would be an AP carry, they would just have to be one that can do well top or 1 v 2 bot, like akali, vlad, morde, kennen, swain, so on.

And "traditional" supports arent better than agressive supports, ali, shen, mao, xin, so on work just fine.

SquarePeg

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroXc View Post
The problem with putting this level of focus on the ADC is that, no matter how hard you try to protect them, they're going to get focused down, especially if the enemy team sees that they're leveling harder than everyone else. It might help you get an advantage early game, but when team fights happen, you'll have little damage capability once your ADC is down, since your APC (if you have one?) will not be as strong. And you want an APC with high damage capability in team fights anyway. ADCs can keep shooting as long as they're alive, even if they're not fed, but an APC is basically out of the fight once their burst is over (with a few exceptions such as Karthus who have little/no cooldown). So you want that burst to do as much damage as possible.
yeah this is the problem with any protect the ________ teamcomp. Hopefully by teamfight phase your adc has been buffed enough to be able to dominate fairly well, and the rest of your team would hopefully have enough cc to keep people off the adc