Please add limited wards?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Riot;

One of the great things about SR and TT was map control. Seeing your opponents when they don't know you can see them, and catching them unaware.

I want to be able to see the other team doing vile, and catch them at a bad time. I want to catch their jungler jungling after a teamfight when he really should have b'd. I want the other team to have a chance to do the same to me, and for me to be aware of this and have the option to counter it.

That's all now dead. And it's just one of the major things which took the map from a focus on strategy to a complete focus on just tactics.

Please, please, please, add wards. Make them cheap, and make them last only 90s, I don't care. Pair them with an item so they can't be spammed. Make them last full duration but lower their radius.

TRY some of these options on PBE?

Yes, I know there's already vision items. They don't achieve these goals. When I see you with the new lantern, you know you've been seen. Hell, even clairvoyance lets you know you've been seen. Wards were a 1 way flow of information, but a flow that was available to both teams, and made you make a *choice*. Choices are good.

funtimejon

11-06-2012

I think what makes this map so fun is the fact that the altars control your vision. Not knowing where an enemy is on this map allows fights to break out more often. I've found that if you just freeze your lane because you don't know where enemies are, your enemy can just all gank the other lane. If you freeze both lanes, it allows the enemy team to take advantage of the objectives (altars, Vilemaw).

Overall I feel that the lack of wards provides a more aggrsesive playstyle on the map which is unobtainable on a map like Summoner's Rift due to the size.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtimejon View Post

Overall I feel that the lack of wards provides a more aggrsesive playstyle on the map which is unobtainable on a map like Summoner's Rift due to the size.
I agree, and I think that's the problem. If I want a "omg 100% skirmish funfunfun" match, I'll play Dominion or PG. For all its flaws, old TT was still a game with the same distinct phases as SR, and I think its the loss of that that most old TT players are reacting so strongly against.

Desocupado

11-06-2012

Just make a new summoner spell that creates a visible (but tougher) ward.

Sam

11-06-2012

Just use your lantern item or use your jungler as a ward itself. OP!

Luego

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Just use your lantern item or use your jungler as a ward itself. OP!
Did you read the post? At all? I want to see, and be seen, without the "victim" being aware they're being watched unless they take countermeasures.

Shadow Dragon

11-06-2012

I have to agree that with no way of gaining vision this map tends to favour skirmishing teams for sure. While that may be the play style that Riot is trying to encourage I am disappointed by the change.

I do have to say that I don't like the idea of 30/60/90 second wards either. That is just creating more of the same as you are being pulled into dangerous territory to place the wards in the first place. Once every 3 minutes for that is fine, once every 30/60/90 seconds is horrible.

I do like the concept of an item that allows the placement of a singular ward. Figure out a way to make it truly unique per team maybe...or as a summoner spell...3 minute ward/5 minute cooldown would keep it from being too OP and it may show up more often than Flash.

I'm thinking you could even give it half of the radius of a normal ward and people would be happy with it.

joe42

11-06-2012

heeheeeh rito removd wardz frmo tt bucase tehy goood

Terajoule

11-07-2012

All I want is a better way to see teemo shrooms. i could care less about vision. But those shrooms are so dumb without vision wards.

Omesh

11-07-2012

Maybe make a Treeline-specific ward that:

*Has a smaller range than SR wards.
*Costs less than an SR ward.
*Is classified as unique, e.g. any single player may only have one active ward at a time on the map, so if you have a ward down you cannot put any other wards down until the other one expires/dies.

If you want to control things like Teemo's shrooms, get an Oracle's elixir. I don't think you need Vision wards to do that. But I don't think a Treeline-specific, more limited version of a Sight ward would be too much for this map. Really, I only ever want wards in the bushes near the speed boost and Vilemaw.