Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What to do when I lose lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D4rkSt0rm

11-06-2012

Yesterday, I played a ranked against a Diana (I was Orianna). For some reason, I had a lot of trouble dodging her q (I guess I'm not used to seeing Diana in mid), so for that reason, she ended up tearing me up in lane. This lane to basically a 4/0 advantage for her with a major cs advantage (about ~30 cs lead). What I'm wondering is, what should I do when I begin to lose my lane to the point of no return (as in, I would be feeding if I continued to try to lane against her). Saying "play better" is a lot easier said than done. I tried roaming, but it didn't go so well; she ended up following me as soon as I left lane and cleaned up most fights. She rushed a zhonya's which basically gave her the game.

Never had I ever lost my lane as hard as I did yesterday; I'm guessing I got counter-picked

Anyways, I was kind of stuck of how to proceed when you are down that far.

Gibszor

11-06-2012

I am not a pro player or anything but in my experience, the best way to come back from a really bad early game is to farm farm farm. What it will ultimately come down to is if your team can play together better then their team no matter how much ahead of you she got to start. I know some people would disagree and say one fed player can win the match which is true, but I still believe the teamwork part is going to matter more. If they outplay you as a team plus she is fed, well then your kinda just screw and should chalk it up as a learning experience.

Early game I know it would be hard to farm because you can't really steal any of the jungle from your jungler. The best you can do is avoid dying at all costs, tower hug like you never have before and try to get as much CS as you can. On top of that...let your team know your struggling and need help...if your team isn't all failing and the jungle can, he should then pretty much help camp your lane to bring things back around to your side. Even the support player can roam to help you some if bottom lane isn't struggling hard. But really what all this comes down to is how your team is playing as a team. If other lanes are struggling also, along with you struggling then you won't get the help you will need, and you will have to just sit back and farm what you can and avoid giving kills. More often then not when a team gets really far ahead early too they can get over confident, and then play poorly when it comes to team fighting. Thinking they are all rambos and can take you on 1 at a time. I've seen it all I guess, you never know how a game can turn out. I've lost games I can't believe it was even possible to lose, and I've won games that I have no clue how we pulled it off either. When your behind though you need to do everything you can to catch up farming whatever you can and just playing defensively.

So yea, thats my thoughts anyhow. No saying I'm 100% right, like I said I'm no pro but i thought I would share my ideas.

D4rkSt0rm

11-06-2012

The only problem is, once they get enough of an advantage, they can cut out 50% of your farm and zone you (assuming they know what they are doing). If you let a typical creep wave get to the tower, you will have 3 caster minions left (on average).

Soraka Goes Mid

11-06-2012

You just have to farm carefully. After dying 4 times, you should know what your enemy can do to kill you. Figure out how to avoid that. Farm from a distance with your spinny death ball. And never push past the midpoint between the sides of the map. Not only does that give the enemy a chance to kill you away from your tower, but it leaves you open to ganks as well.

Jawanga

11-06-2012

I think you had the right idea in roaming. I'm more of a top laner, so these tips may not work as well at mid.

Buy some resists. Resists always beat damage. Chalice works very well with Orianna.

Buy GP10 if you really can't farm. Philo stone helps with sustain, and you can get Kage's, although I don't think most Ori's buy a DFG. But you can just buy it for the gold income.

But before it snowballs out of hand like this, ask your jungler to help you out. If you can get one successful gank, it could mean snowballing the lane back in your favor. You are ultimately responsible for falling behind though, so don't blame the jungler unless their jungler was constantly ganking you.

Hope this helps!

Leninon

11-07-2012

Quote:
Yesterday, I played a ranked against a Diana (I was Orianna).
Problem found

hav fun

Leninon