3,000 petition signatures later...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rugalb98

11-24-2012

Started playing around April of this year. TT always appealed to me because I was never very capable with SR or having to rely on 2 extra teammates. Not to mention most of the 5s I tried tended to last 90 minutes long or close to an hour in length (understandable in most cases if there isn't much advantages on either team). I enjoyed 3s for not taking that long (22-30 mins mostly unless the team quit). I enjoyed the map and the way it was designed.

That's not to say I didn't find a lot of things that I hated to deal with in old TT. Things like: Paper-thin walls making flash champs easily get away from any fight (or even just backdoor your base), the constant need to control the dragon or lizard buff, and the top buffs, the slow turtling of minions and base towers that would drag out games for 20-30 minutes extra, and some comps being pretty hard to contend with due to how the map was (3 tank champs, all cc ap bursts, 3 brusier, etc). It could get downright frustrating to deal with (especially in blind picks, but that's what I play). Things of this nature made me wish there was better ways to deal with it beyond nerfing champs.

The new TT did come pretty sudden. It has taken me some time to adjust, but I can' honestly say that I have more fun on this map than the old. There's many viable strats that can be used here. Going wardless makes me feel more focused on being alert and knowing when to push and when not to. The altars are nice to have as objectives and I'm learning when to try and take them or try and bait the other team into committing to taking our altar. I also approve of the new items and taking some of the more powerful 5s items out. It's not 100% complete since it's still BETA, but I don't see myself wishing for the old TT anytime soon. Sometimes changes happen in life or games, we learn to adapt to them or we move on and try our hands at something else.

This isn't to bash the OP or those that signed, I'm just stating my own experiences with the old and new since starting LoL this year. I'm just not into the need to get so dramatic over changes or companies not listening to their customers. Happens too often, but I don't see Riot as and evil entity like EA or Activision when it comes to giving a **** about what their fans want.

Wrathofrecca

11-24-2012

Oh man three thousand signatures. No one tell him millions of people play this game.

QQles

11-25-2012

I loved old tt, always have, but new tt im liking MORE. Keep up good work riot

Nykidemus

11-26-2012

When you look at the percentages of people who will quietly quit without *****ing, vs the people who will actually make noise when something they do is taken away or changed, 3000 is quite a lot of people.

When you talk about the "millions" of people who play lol, you're mostly talking about SR. The TT crowd was a lot smaller. (Obviously.)

You certainly wouldnt see SR getting this sort of overhaul. The SR playerbase is ****ing huge, and they would pitch a fit.

TisTheWay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

riots perspective on this is right unfortunately, i'm going to miss the old 3s, played it til lvl 30 and still rocked it, the new one's items are all anti tank which kinda sucks but what can we do? riot doesn't care for the tt community they dont even have draft pick in 3s let alone a solo que for ranked

Nykidemus

11-26-2012

I dont understand how you can say "Riots perspective on this is right" and then rattle off a list of reasons why the new map is bad, and how they dont support the community.

The "split focus" thing would make a lot more sense if they ever did anything for treeline anyway, lol. We're perfectly happy to get half of nothing.

TisTheWay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykidemus View Post
I dont understand how you can say "Riots perspective on this is right" and then rattle off a list of reasons why the new map is bad, and how they dont support the community.

The "split focus" thing would make a lot more sense if they ever did anything for treeline anyway, lol. We're perfectly happy to get half of nothing.
I dont agree with what riot did but if they kept the old TT they would have less ppl playing both and therefore they would care less for them then they already do, and they really don't care that much for it now anyways, so far it just seems like a reason to sell skins and test season 3 items

liddelstrider

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallicies View Post
Most of what you said right there was a fallacy, but I'll try to ignore it for the sake of not bringing this longer than my original post. See here's the main difference between what you said and what happened. I do not, and have not cried because riot did this, i got upset yeah like most TT players did. And you're one of the new generation riot is aiming the new TT at. Case in point "I love the new TT. I was not a huge fan of the old TT." that is all that needs to be said really. I don't get you to understand why a large quantity of us are so upset with the changes because you never liked it in the first place.
Bleck. I used to only play TT before the beta. You don't know this person enough to make a statement like that. I like the beta better then the original however. Before the original became the beta I liked it as well.

batchynator

11-26-2012

Learn to adapt to the new map or stop sooking, the new map is fine.

batchynator

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtimejon View Post
Speaking of fallacy, how do you know that "most TT players" got upset? As I started previously, there are millions of people who play League of Legends, and a small percentage that actually expresses their opinions on the forums.

To further combat your argument, I loved the last TT, and I love this TT even more.
Not to mention, the people who enjoy the map are in LoL playing it. The people who can't adapt are here QQ'ing on the forums.