3,000 petition signatures later...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sleepbane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

I would like to add that League of Legends has clearly stated a desire to have competitive sports play. They are not interested in tons of maps. Teams need to practice consistently on the same map to hone their strategies. A good example would be football. (I know right, active sports =P) They have the same field so their focus is on team skill and consistent execution of plays. I only say this to point out another aspect of the decision. Riot has been clear on their motives and decisions.

Other games make tons of maps because that is what they want to achieve. Tons of crazy scenarios and odd options for insane matches. League of Legends is free to play. They are happy to achieve their company's vision and receive constructive feedback along the way but they don't want to be changed by every opinion that comes along. (not trying to insult) Your unique play styles and teamwork will be missed greatly.

Just to make a point, President Obama got elected. Should everyone who disagrees leave the country? We pay taxes. Should we stop paying because we hate a particular law/policy? (just making a point, not trying to bring politics into this.)

Please give constructive feedback on my post.

Alpha Q23

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmadbroimnasty View Post
First off 3,000 signautes is ummm nothing?.... and the old TT was about farming and turtling which made it very boring changes are good get used to them ^_^
And.... Your reasoning against two maps is what? You don't seem like you like the the old TT. I don't know what gave it away but it seems you don't. And yet again I bring up this point, How in any way shape or form other than visual on the map selection would having two 3v3 maps effect you?

Alpha Q23

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepbane View Post
I would like to add that League of Legends has clearly stated a desire to have competitive sports play. They are not interested in tons of maps. Teams need to practice consistently on the same map to hone their strategies. A good example would be football. (I know right, active sports =P) They have the same field so their focus is on team skill and consistent execution of plays. I only say this to point out another aspect of the decision. Riot has been clear on their motives and decisions.

Other games make tons of maps because that is what they want to achieve. Tons of crazy scenarios and odd options for insane matches. League of Legends is free to play. They are happy to achieve their company's vision and receive constructive feedback along the way but they don't want to be changed by every opinion that comes along. (not trying to insult) Your unique play styles and teamwork will be missed greatly.

Just to make a point, President Obama got elected. Should everyone who disagrees leave the country? We pay taxes. Should we stop paying because we hate a particular law/policy? (just making a point, not trying to bring politics into this.)

Please give constructive feedback on my post.

If People wanted to play one one specific map that was oriented towards competitive play they would. Now that Riot threw out Twisted Treelines and replaced it with a different game style that decision was taken from them. If Riot was smarter about all of this they would keep all 4 maps on the normal matchmaking to make more people happy and receive more money. I know it isn't much, since I am one person, but my money flow when I could has gone to not flowing in their direction at all. There are quite a few others who have or are going to do the same. Does it effect Riot? Probably not, your right its their game after all and they can make their decisions. Hopefully they would reconsider since I don't see any reason for them to get rid of a game mode many spent their money on and many enjoyed. If they had two 3v3 maps that wouldn't effect the "new" game mode at all.

Also Tons of maps isn't four maps. Tons of maps according to Phreaks damage table is 100s +. And even if there was four maps, the teams who wanted to practice on the maps they wish to play competitively would. When there was Summoners Rift, Dominion, Twisted Treeline, and Proving Grounds the teams who were competing and practicing did on the maps they were on as it was. Having four maps doesn't change that. If anything having four maps would make those people who liked some of the other maps have more options to play on a map for fun during break times to keep them even more interested in LoL. Other than, you know, playing enough for practice seeing that the old TT map they wished they could take a break on was gone so instead find something else to do.

If anything it seems like Riot is also helping a lot of the old TT fans retire from LoL to see what else is out there.

And the point about Obama being elected is sorta the same I guess. Only difference is, unless you don't pay taxes you are not playing a free to play country living. In the case of the United States or any government for that matter, you deserve a say since you are paying your own money. With that being said, I don't like Obama and I don't like Romney, but it is more towards I don't like either party. I don't vote for either and probably wont until they get a president I see more pros with than cons.

A side note, does anyone know a good space flight/fps/3rdps type game out there. I Guess similar to how Star Wars Galaxies was. I'm looking for a game where you can walk around your ship/buddies(if its multiplayer), Do quests, visit planets, land and walk around, and dogfight in space. If anyone knows of any like that it would be appreciated.

lilsurgeon

11-29-2012

i wouldnt mind the new one if it didnt have those stupid alters, they just ruin the laining phase... or maybe if the jungle was twice the size so that ganking isn't too easy