Few ragers. TT crowd or level 10 crowd?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoL4Mac

11-26-2012

On GD, I read a lot about how people are real jerks. I only play TT, and am only up to level 10. However, I must say that my experience with ragers is rather minimal. I mean, it does happen, just not frequently. I had a guy rage at me and then rage-quit yesterday: Someone pinged an altar and I captured it while the future leaver decided to go balls deep and got himself butchered. Incidentally, we won the 2v3 game because the Mundo on my team was very good.

I even dc'd in one game (complete freeze, had to reboot to rejoin, we lost a tower in the interim) and got a "welcome back" when I reconnected, followed by getting honored by both my teammates post game.

I'm curious, is the chatter about ragers overblown? Are the people in TT just more mellow? Is it because I'm level 10 and people wait until 30 to unleash their inner beast?

Oh, and I have cross-team chat disabled because GD scared me out of enabling it. So I am cutting my exposure to potential ragers by 3/5.

Ghyrt

11-26-2012

I certainly noticed more ragers as my summoner level increased. I think that at higher skill levels you'll meet more people who feel entitled to win. These people will get mad and blame everyone (in all-chat) if they start losing.

FitzChivalry

11-26-2012

It might be overblown, specifically because when you are playing a game for fun, there is nothing worse than a jerk to ruin it for you. A lot of people play this game to wind down for the day, to relieve stress, and when there is a person like that you have to play with, it really makes people upset and gets overblown.

Noobtactical

11-26-2012

assuming you are solo queueing you should have like half the number of potential ragers as 5's.

My experience has been the rager's, leaver's, afker's, feeders kind of existi the same in both maps and in both normal and ranked.

I've reduced my play time to mostly when my friends are available, to frustrating to play with all the jerks otherwise

LoL4Mac

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobtactical View Post
assuming you are solo queueing you should have like half the number of potential ragers as 5's.

My experience has been the rager's, leaver's, afker's, feeders kind of existi the same in both maps and in both normal and ranked.

I've reduced my play time to mostly when my friends are available, to frustrating to play with all the jerks otherwise
Yeah, I thought about this. Someone with cross-team chat enabled in 5s has the potential for 9 ragers per game. I have the potential for 2 ragers per game. So even if the percentage of ragers in the population was the same, I'd have more games without ragers. If 10% of players were constant ragers who use all-chat to express their anger, only 0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9=38% of all 5s with cross-team chat enabled would be rager free but 0.9*0.9=81% of my games would be rager free. Disabling cross-team chat and having fewer people in a game certainly exposes me to less vitriol.

Nuts. I thought that maybe TT was just a better community.

slamor

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoL4Mac View Post
Yeah, I thought about this. Someone with cross-team chat enabled in 5s has the potential for 9 ragers per game. I have the potential for 2 ragers per game. So even if the percentage of ragers in the population was the same, I'd have more games without ragers. If 10% of players were constant ragers who use all-chat to express their anger, only 0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9=38% of all 5s with cross-team chat enabled would be rager free but 0.9*0.9=81% of my games would be rager free. Disabling cross-team chat and having fewer people in a game certainly exposes me to less vitriol.

Nuts. I thought that maybe TT was just a better community.
The best way to avoid ragers is to get better. I can assure you, good players do not rage lols.

hotfire

11-26-2012

It's ok. Tt and Dom I find have less stressful champ selects because of the more flexible roles.

Also, you shouldn't be afraid or scornful of ragers. For one its just a name on the Internet, and two it's probably a dude having a bad game with a bad habit of typing his frustrations out. Just tell him nj when he does well or my bad if you make a mistake, just like anyone else.

It's true that all chat rarely has anything of note, but I keep it open for those rare "nice play " from an opponent moments, and saying gg at the end

Edit: also, a lot of people have some sort of reaction whenever they're losing to try to shift blame off of themselves somehow (but blame isn't relevant) so just type "**** happens" to let em know that nobodies trying to judge them, and move on

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

that's because there's a smurf boosting system and you are low level you are playing with effectively lower level players that are also learning the game with you so they are unwind and can forgive mistakes and even encourage you to make msitakes so that you can learn what you can and can't do, it's highly unlikely you find ragers before ten because if a level 30 guy that decides to create an account (smurf as we call it) just to stomp he will find himself on the nasty surprise of playing against other Smurfing level 30 accounts, that's why lol is so successful while HoN dies on its own rottting corpse, even trying to queue there? let me put you the scene "youa re an honest player with no clue whatsoever of how to play HoN you queue up and the other six to nine people are guys that are losers that can't win at their own Elo/MMr so they have to resort to stomping noobs and rageing hard at players that are honestly just starting and maybe even trying to kick them from the game with that fail kick vote, you decide to keep playing and the situation worsens, when you realize that while you queue you are hoping you end up in the team with the devourer smurf is when you realize that the community killed the game, and that game has no future and will eventually get cancelled"

Another example with the smurf boosting system is if i as a level 30 summonner create an account for whatever reason, i will find myself playing with all the people whose accounts were perma banned, so in my "new" smurf i will find ragers rage quitters and the most toxic people in the community, those that were already denied the right to be part of the community and will kep being toxic.

youmadbroimnasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

lvl 30 is where most people rage because they're sick of the feeders/afkers/disconnections

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

11-28-2012

The rage is minimal for me as well, even at 30. My guess is low ELO and they don't care. Or I just don't add fuel to their fires (very often).