Interest in a 1vs2 laning guide?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

11-06-2012

Hi!

From my experience it seems that many people, especially at normal ELO and lower summ levels don't know how to handle 1vs2 top lane if the enemy doesn't have a jungler.

So, is anyone interested in me making a kinda short guide about it or does one already exists?

Skury420

11-06-2012

Play yorick, farm under turret.

Mega Leet Sauce

11-06-2012

Some champions are especially good at 1v2 lanes. A good champion is one who can easily farm under tower, and isn't super easy to kill. Large amounts of sustain are also important. Shen, Vlad, and Yorick are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

To "win" your lane, all you have to do is not die, and put off losing your tower as long as possible. By having a jungler, your team automatically is getting more team experience than the other team, and another stream of team gold. If you can effectively farm under turret, by the time your jungler comes around to gank, you will both be higher levels.

Teleport can be useful to take so you don't lose your lane when you leave.

If you know you will be against a duo lane, pick a champion who can easily take it. If you got forced there with someone with low sustain like Darius, avoid getting poked even if it means losing some farm, and stay under tower but within experience range. Your jungler should make helping you his top priority.

Lastly, it is VERY important that you call mias as soon as possible so your jungler knows to expect someone in his jungler, or the mid can watch for a gank from top.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

11-07-2012

Somehow this thread derailed from the simple Q if there is anyone is interested in such a guide to the guide itself.

Quote:
Play yorick, farm under turret.
See below.

Quote:
If you know you will be against a duo lane, pick a champion who can easily take it. If you got forced there with someone with low sustain like Darius, avoid getting poked even if it means losing some farm, and stay under tower but within experience range. Your jungler should make helping you his top priority.
You usually never knows that you are 1vs2 except very low summ levels, maybe low ELO as well and vs friends.

Else...

You CAN usually get some lasthits, but avoid getting hit by all costs, even if you need to give up some farm. I strongly recommended not to lasthit the ranged creeps unless you have got some ranged ability or you are at your tower.

Ganking: This is a mistake many ppl do as well I think. If your jungler ganks consider the situation first. if they are higher health than you are ask him to GTFO or to hold your lane. Else you will die. Mind you, it is still a 2vs2 situation. IMHO this happens usually in the earlier levels.
In my opinion the best time for a "kill gank" is when you didn't die at the lane and both you and your jungler got to level 6 without decent health. You know got two ultimates while the lane enemies didnt get one.

A good idea is (IMHO!) to rush Philo for more sustain and gp10 (you might get less lasthits than usual) and maybe also HoG.

But there are really some lane combos where you are not even safe near your turret. I recall how I got comboed by malphite and riven near my tower when they got their ults.

Else...
If you got an advantage by not dieing, maybe also by some kills (ult gank) you should capitalize on when one of your enemies isn't at the lane. I recall one match as Jax 1vs2 Garen/Pant. I got an advantage, got also kill while they towerdived (in the last second I got the enlightment to ward jump over the wall and even survived because of this), so once one of them wasn't at the lane I went all-in vs the other and killed him. Sometimes the other came back to the lane then, I killed him as well then.

Interestingly, many people above a certain summ level want to have a jungler and givining up a duo lane without actually knowing how to handle the top lane if the enemy didn't follow the meta as they did.

Phil McGroin

11-07-2012

I actually like solo top when the other team has no jungler. As you say, normally at lower levels of play, and typically the duo top will push you straight to your turret, where you can just hide, last hit under it, farm all the EXP and gold, and have them deliciously gankable for your jungler.

Most times I'm playing Riven because she's my favorite top, and duos will get frustrated with being unable to touch me as I last hit under the tower, and usually try and dive me. Then stun under tower, punish with some combos, execute ulti, double kill.

If it's a smarter duo top who don't push like crazy and suicide early on the tower, sometimes I find it's actually better to let the first tower fall early. That way it means safer farming for you back down the lane, and once you push it back to river you can roam and help other lanes with more time before the creeps get back to the next tower. Of course, it means they can roam too, but it's still better than trying to desperately hold one tower at the end of the lane if you can't get kills or keep up farm.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

11-07-2012

Now when we discussed 1vs2 we might should also talk about 2v1. Optimally, you want to have a total killer lane.

In general, go in for trades. Harass, use range.

What I am wondering about...isn't it better in a 2vs1 situation to not touch the creeps at all? Instead, go with two people IN FRONT of the creeps so the enemy is getting zoned totally of exp. And: you won't push. You can't kill the enemy as easily as you want to if you push your lane too far. He should be getting behind in levels more and more.

ryzeonline

11-07-2012

I totally agree - it feels like 80% of people have no clue what to do in a 1v2 situation.

I think a guide like this would help the community tremendously, but like anything, it needs marketed well and appreciated deeply to actually "reach people".

malphismia

11-07-2012

i made a guide over a year ago detailing 1v2 top lane, you can check it out here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=721135

i havent updated it or anything, but it probably goes over the basics. lv4 is when you should start outleveling them, your jungler should have red by then (if he starts at blue) and a prime time to gank.

having the only jungler really helps your mid lane because your jungler can get enemy blue while giving blue to your mid.

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

I'll add in. This can be achieved by most Top laners but you have to coordinate with your jungle and be able to last hit under tower and push them off tower if need be. One great item for 1v2 top lane is Philosophers stone for the hp regen, mana regen to poke, and GP5 (due to losing last hits).

v Moon v

11-07-2012

I'll also add in that, IMHO, champions that can get in free damage are also fantastic picks for 1v2 top lanes.

What I mean by "free damage" is damage you can apply to one of the enemies while guarenteeing that you do not take damage back. An example of this would be Jarvan IV. Let's say they're pushed to your tower. You spot the enemy tryndamere taking a last hit. You flag combo and autoattack him once while he's knocked up. Then you immediately retreat. By the time he lands, you're well out of range. The worst that can happen is his partner hits you with one of his abilities, which will not happen often if they're not expecting you to lash out in a 1v2 lane.

Another good source of "free damage" would be, say, Pantheon's spear. You walk into your top lane, do a quick check for enemy armor and hp, and choose the squishier one (I've seen a heimerdinger walk up there with barely over 400-something hp and 12 armor) and poke him down. Due to your shield, they cannot return the same damage, and eventually your jungler will swoop in and take the kill.

I don't have THAT much experience playing 1v2 top lanes, but every time I did, I found that champs that can dish out large chunks of free damage do extremely well even without the sustain that, say, Shen, can provide.

A note on items:
If I'm playing with this style, I would most definitely want a couple of dorans, and a brutalizer. Most 2v1 laners do not expect the 1 to fight back and are caught completely offguard by true damage in the form of runes and brutalizer, making your poke that much stronger.