Solo/Duo=Waste of Time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

11-06-2012

I've honestly given up on solo/duo queue. It doesn't matter what lane I'm, because I dug myself into this hole I cannot get out. I very rarely if ever lose my lane, I don't feed and I am still losing games. Take for example a duo queue that a friend of mine did yesterday. By 15 minutes in I was 7/2 and he was 3/1 I was mid Katarina he was jungle Fiora. It then started to spiral out of control. Our Vayne bot went 0/6 and that's what she finished with, our Cho'gath fed Darius 5 times, and our Kayle support was utterly useless. If anyone has a 5s team that they need another player please let me know, because solo/duo queue is for the fishes. Not worth the headache.

KillSwitch427

11-06-2012

Yo, I played vs you last night. Thought the name was familiar. Anyway, I think you are missing the point. I looked at your match history and remember how you were ragging on your teammates in the after game lobby. For instance, in that last game you went 3/8/14 as the AP mid (which might not be that bad if your team was doing well overall, but since it wasn't just means you died much more than you killed). Man up and accept responsibility for your lane, help out your teammates as much as possible (especially when you are up those 3 kills or 4 kills mid game), take dragons, buy an extra ward, and complete other related tasks. Focus on yourself (and mainly the attitude component) and I think you'll be surprised.

Again, this is only if you want to get better. People often dual que and just blame the other three members (even when their dual que is less than optimal).

iixSILENT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

After reading KillSwitch427's response, I looked as well. Although you have some nice KDAs in your wins for ranked matches, to be honest your CS'ing is really bad. You have a 52 minute ranked game with Ryze and you have 163 CS. You should have about 150 CS by 20 minutes lol, not to mention Ryze is an incredible farmer. That's honestly just one example, but you talk about not losing your lane...and with some of the CS scores that you have, there is no way you can tell me you "won" your lane. You could be 3-4 kills up on a person, but if they have double your CS, it almost doesn't matter lol. So yes, perhaps you have horrible team mates who can't play at all, but if you aren't farming well and just have a few kills, that's probably one of the biggest reasons you aren't carrying games. You aren't really all that far ahead in gold being up 3 kills on anybody on their team when you have 50 CS at 20 minutes.

So like what most people would say...work on last hitting, work on pushing/freezing lanes when appropriate, ward more to help yourself and your team. From your lolking stats, it doesn't look like its just your team's fault you can't carry.

Popesta

11-06-2012

It's true that some people may throw games for you, hell one game I lost as Draven when I was something like 11-2-8 with 250+ cs, but you also gotta realize that alot of it is yourself. I don't usually gain elo until I decide to carry as one hero for a ton of games in a row. When I was at around 900 elo once I got back up to 1200 exclusively with WW. When I dropped down to 1100 I got back up with Draven, and when I wanted to get up to 1400 I picked Kat.
Also attitude is another big factor, unless if literally all hope is lost I save all the trash talking until after the game is over

Hakaru Shokku

11-06-2012

All of the above is pretty much true honestly, i mean i'm at 964 elo but i've been climbing up that elo because i've made my change in attitude in this game, and i've also been playing support sona and saving my adc from quite a lot of deaths which sometimes we didn't see coming. I've also taken kills that otherwise would have gotten away, and you know what? Its going pretty good so far, and i will continue to play sona to carry myself out of elo hell if necessary.

Slashinghardest

11-06-2012

Your example makes it clear you and your partner pick 'kill' champions which is good and dun except when you want to actually carry a team. Some champions can actually help a team beyond having good kda.