Finding the right champ for me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodofKarma

11-06-2012

Hi. I have tried a number of champs but some how I don't feel like they are the ones I would play a load. I really enjoyed Blitzcrank but after 10 games when my adc abandons me to gank top and mid and I am left alone, I felt like not playing him again. I really love assassin high burst characters like master yi. Can you people suggest to me a good character that suits me? I am lvl 22 btw and I usually play draft. Ask questions if you need to know more.

anAmishLady

11-06-2012

Hmmm. Assassin high burst. Blitz. So you like damage and trickiness... Do you like being in the middle of the fight? I recommend trying Fizz out to find your preferred play style and then experimenting with other champs who are designed around that play style.

Fizz is literally capable of every role on a team except ranged ad carry and maybe support. He can be build ad or ap burst assassin, ad or ap dps bruiser, and even straight tank. He can solo top, mid, or jungle, and is brutal in 1v1 fights, much like Jax. He has built-in anti-heal and damage over time, a gap closer, and an excellent escape that contains momentary untargetability, all on short cooldowns. And that escape can become a bigger gap closer when necessary. Oh, and his ult is hilarious. Get eaten!

Check him out, see how you enjoy playing / building him the most, and then play with other champs who fit that play style better. You'll find a few matches eventually.

That said, your play style WILL change over time. I started out playing tank, then melee assassin, then ap mid forever, then solo top, then jungler, and now i'm back solo top and trying out ad carry. Have fun with the variety that LoL has to offer.

Hit me up in game if you want to. Good luck!

SarcasticJerk

Recruiter

11-06-2012

well . as a level 22 player you feel the temptation to buy cheap champions like the 450IP ones and the 1350 IP ones , they can't always fulfill what you really need . and most of them aren't really a viable picks in serious matches. that's probably the reason .
you can always try the free week champions , they consist of different Prices and roles , like carries, supports and such . from there you can find which role or champions that suits you the most .

Dotayy

11-06-2012

GET KARMA! It would go great with your name lol

Sky Mence

11-06-2012

For real, play free week until you find a champ you like

NoneLikeRob

11-06-2012

i suggest trying out Jax. He isn't really an assassin, but he is a high burst champion with great sustain.

MrDeadlifter

11-06-2012

I also really enjoy high burst characters with a ton of mobility who are very effective. Try out Kassadin and or Talon. Kassadin's ult makes it hard yo get ganked, gives amazing mobility, helps you go in/ position yourself in team fights and does pretty good damage.

Talon has insane burst. a full combo is almost always a guaranteed kill on the squishies, is ult has a low cooldown which can also be used to escape, he has a cone slow, a silencing gap closer and is Q has sick DoT. Plus he builds AD so its relatively easy to own mid lane.

If you're not a fan of mid' I'll suggest pantheon.
Great early game' great aoe damage with is E, good poke with Q/E passive and a hard cc. Plus is ult is badass,can be used has potential initiation and grants him mobility.

Azerax53

11-06-2012

You like high burst assassins?
3 of the best are:

Talon and katrina. Very similar in playstyle except Kat is AP damage and Talon is AD. They have very high burst damage and can kill opponents quickly. they jump in do lots of damage and then jump out. Kat is only 3150 IP and Talon is expensive at 6300 but he is definately worth it.
The Third is Kassadin. I have him as well and he can gank like no other his mobility is insane with his ultimate as a second flash. i laugh as people try to chase me while i'm kassadin.

GoodxThings

11-06-2012

I think the fun of playing blitz is his grab, so maybe try out some champ who has some serious hard cc? I don't think I've ever played a game with Jarvan that I've disliked. He's got a surprising amount of burst, and his E->Q combo and ulti are always fun to play around with.

If you're looking for just a high-burst assassin, I've been having a lot of fun with Jax recently. There's always new tricks to learn with his leap, and there are very few champs that are more rewarding to master!