The Most Important Thing One Can Do: A Guide to Self Preservation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaceRoll13

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSilas View Post
Bumping on a slow forum doesn't make me want to read this Wall of Text any more than I do now...
Upvoted the original post.

Having one loss rather than 436 wins, I found it a very helpful wall of text.

Why are you in the beginner's forum, posting criticisms of those trying to help us anyway?

You can always try making a short and/or better version if you'd actually like to help us.

KTM90

11-17-2012

I don't have that many pvp wins at all, but losing has taught me how to survive more than anything. Most of the time I'm playing custom with all bots or co-op vs ai so that I can iron out all of my problems before I start playing matches against other players. I mean I don't know about the rest of you but the middle of a pvp match is a bad time for me to hear someone else say "sorry, I'm still trying to get better with XXXXX." Yes players will be different from bots: they probably don't have such great teamwork and are error prone. All of the bot's decisions are made based off of conditions that they can monitor all at once going through an algorithm, so they don't have impulses or hunches or impatience. The only time they do make errors is when they get stuck in an infinite loop (when you see them going back and forth on a corner like someone having a very bad case of indecisiveness). Technically that's an intent error though: the algorithm executes successfully but it keeps returning values that cause an error in the outcome.

KTM90

11-18-2012

Thinking about adding a section about farming minions.
Suggestions?