Normal games are kind of dangerous now if you're an unskilled/new player..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

badase

Senior Member

11-09-2012

So you know which one im talking about people are always quick to understand. & dont ban based on some one's item choice I stack tri forces & it works great yet I get banned for trying out a weird build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
badase, why did you post the link again? I just looked that over and made my post based on what I saw there. I know what's in it: a ridiculous amount of really bad scores, and an extremely questionable item choice given those scores.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

"a variety of reasons from pre- and post-game chat"

This does not appear in the Tribunal. Clearly he has access to information we don't.

Edit: As far as banning on item choice, certain builds are indicative of trolling. Stacking gold per tens(the same kinds, that is), other non-cumulative items(like IE, Deathcap, boots, etc.), wards and other consumables beyond a reasonable number, and stack items like Mejai's or Sword of the Occult with a bad KDAR, are very good signs that someone is trolling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by badase View Post
He never state they have data tribunal does not see. & no its not a violation of privacy for players because we all hit the agree button when we logged in stating that they can publish all of our game play & data without our permission & we cant sue them for any reason, all transactions are final. If you disagree than quote it to me.
It's not a violation or privacy for players for Riot to view the data because you're using Riot's client, therefore you implicitely agree to have your actions monitored by Riot each and every time you log into the client.

You do not implicitely nor explicitely agree to have other players see your data outside the information needed to make a recommendation on the state of your player account to Riot on the off chance that you should make it to the Tribunal.

What you're asking for is akin to a visitor in a hospital wandering around in and out of rooms and looking at people's charts to see what they're hospitalized for.

It's none of your business.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by badase View Post
So you know which one im talking about people are always quick to understand. & dont ban based on some one's item choice I stack tri forces & it works great yet I get banned for trying out a weird build.
Triforces stacking isn't effective, for one thing. The Procs don't stack with each other as they are unique, and the stats are so rounded that after one it becomes a waste of gold compared to more effective items, which is why triforce stacking is considered a "troll build."

For another, you didn't get banned for your build. You got banned for calling Riven a noob and asking everyone on the team and the enemy team to report her for offensive language, which she never used, and generally using the report function as a way to bully and intimidate to get your way which Riot frowns heavily upon.

That's why you were banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elanorien

Recruiter

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by badase View Post
He never state they have data tribunal does not see.
You do know that the Tribunal doesn't see all the games a player was reported in, right? They're actually reported in a ton of games, and we only see a random sampling of them, we don't nearly get the whole picture of a player's consistent behavior. So, between access to the rest of the games we don't see, knowing how what percentage of games they're reported for, pre and post game chat. They see it all, we see a piece of the puzzle, just the piece we need to decide whether or not we, as the community and peers that have to deal with these people, feel they need to be made aware their behavior isn't acceptable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

The stats do, the effects don't. Similar to the items I mentioned, IE and Deathcap. Basically, stacking items like that gives a much smaller advantage then building different items.

Items like PD and BT do stack with each other, so are less detrimental, but even so you're almost certainly going to get a better result by buying different items - stacking anything other then Doran's, and that only early and up to a point, is indicative of trolling, or really poor game knowledge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-09-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badase View Post
He never state they have data tribunal does not see. & no its not a violation of privacy for players because we all hit the agree button when we logged in stating that they can publish all of our game play & data without our permission & we cant sue them for any reason, all transactions are final. If you disagree than quote it to me.
I clearly stated in the original post some examples of data that Tribunal players don't have access to. There are many privacy issues if I post data about a player that isn't requesting the data themselves, which is why I didn't expand on the cases like I usually do. It's not as simple as just hitting the "Agree" button. We can collect the data, it doesn't mean we can post your data for the public to review.

On examples of data, I have access to pre- and post-game chat. I have access to exactly who reported the player and can determine whether the reports are from good or toxic players. I can even check how 'valid' a player's reports typically are, to determine whether the majority of the reports for this person was from players who have good report weights. I even have ways to segment false reports from true reports.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maximillian Grey

Junior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post

Items like PD and BT do stack with each other, so are less detrimental, but even so you're almost certainly going to get a better result by buying different items
hmm well idk about stacking PD and BT being bad.. atleast on a ADC I use a LW 3PD 2 BT build that actually is pretty good if I can get the BT's stacked
although I'm sure that's just because it's usually MF I build it on and she has strut so boots aren't needed as much near the end of my build, but I do see your point

most champs don't need more than one or two PDs or 2 BT's
Olaf gets LS as a skill, and his passive is pretty much all the AS he needs
so really 3 PD's on Olaf could be considered trolling.

(I know I'm forgetting something, so don't yell at me too much plz for w/e it is I forgot)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Heh. Yes. The items I pointed out are actually the only items I see stacked at professional levels of play. Personally, I never have room in my builds for all the items I want, much less multiple copies of them, so it's not something I do, but yes, certain items can have value when stacked in certain situations.

There are definitely items that shouldn't be stacked, or built at all in some situations, like the snowball items in a bad KDAR game, which is why I brought up the issue in this thread.

On a more relevant note, thanks to Lyte for the clarfication.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Menea6587

Senior Member

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillian Grey View Post
hmm well idk about stacking PD and BT being bad.. atleast on a ADC I use a LW 3PD 2 BT build that actually is pretty good if I can get the BT's stacked
although I'm sure that's just because it's usually MF I build it on and she has strut so boots aren't needed as much near the end of my build, but I do see your point

most champs don't need more than one or two PDs or 2 BT's
Olaf gets LS as a skill, and his passive is pretty much all the AS he needs
so really 3 PD's on Olaf could be considered trolling.

(I know I'm forgetting something, so don't yell at me too much plz for w/e it is I forgot)
For the record:
1) You need boots.
2) Because you now have 5 slots left, the highest basic attack dps build is: IE PD LW/PD PD/LW BT40 in that order with the 2nd PD switching places with LW depending on whether there is a 200 armor target at the time of purchase or not.
3) You forgo the 2nd PD in practice because you need LS, which you get with BT40. Then, you get GA. GA is pretty much the best defensive item in the game for a carry. There are some items like BV that give more focused defense, but GA is best all-around and is the go-to defensive item.

So, if your reasoning is that if the build is not optimal = trolling, your suggested build for ADC would fall under your own definition of trolling.