Normal games are kind of dangerous now if you're an unskilled/new player..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phenomenaut

11-08-2012

Idiots being idiots.

That's what this thread is.

There seems to be this massive disconnect where people don't comprehend that you need to be a pretty terrible person to get in the tribunal in the first place. I could go into a game right now and intentionally feed while shouting obscenities and slurs at every other person in the match and I probably wouldn't end up in the tribunal because I don't make a habit of doing such things. If someone really felt like pushing the issue they could file a support ticket and get me banned that way, but the tribunal isn't going to pull me up for 1 game.

Barioth

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenaut View Post
Idiots being idiots.

That's what this thread is.

There seems to be this massive disconnect where people don't comprehend that you need to be a pretty terrible person to get in the tribunal in the first place. I could go into a game right now and intentionally feed while shouting obscenities and slurs at every other person in the match and I probably wouldn't end up in the tribunal because I don't make a habit of doing such things. If someone really felt like pushing the issue they could file a support ticket and get me banned that way, but the tribunal isn't going to pull me up for 1 game.
click on forum search bar and type in "tribunal guide". Read some of my guides and the older ones.
then come back once you actualy know of the subject and comment.
You can end up on the tribunal with only one report and 1 game. It has been proven by many players, I myself tested this some months ago.

AntHill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

as someone leveling up a smurf account and is currently lvl 12 on it i can personally say that this game as far as low levels go is absolutely horrid if your a new player. i have gotten myself to something like 22/13 w/l ratio and im facing a bunch of 1500 smurfs that have gotten banned on their mains and recreated accounts in order to keep playing. for me as a 1200 player i enjoy this experience because it makes me better overall. but if i were to be brand new to this game and not have friends to get me to a good place i wouldnt want to continue.

this is definately something riot has to look into because its not a good thing for the game to grow past what we already have.

KaneChrono

11-08-2012

bump

Bianary

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk˙Net View Post
It doesn't say what he was reported for? Just reported?

Teemo was 17 at 51 minutes...I don't know if maybe there was some AFK'ing there, but people hit 18 at 30 minutes. Even if you're unskilled, I think you will still hit 18 by 51 minutes.

But still, this is undoubtedly an issue.
I recall a few long games where someone didn't get to 18.

Not because they were AFK. They were just that bad at being near things dying.

It usually was due to hiding near a turret while their creeps were pushed way up and they were afraid to follow (Due to getting ganked repeatedly earlier in the game) and then getting ganked when they did finally venture out (Cause their sense of timing sucks and they figure if they survived that long it must surely be safe now -- really it was finally dangerous :P)

KaneChrono

11-08-2012

bump

Auspexa

11-08-2012

Since when flame is the only reason that should get you banned? There are so many intentional feeders on those reports, they just tried to act innocent by not talking. I'm quite glad it didn't work. If I feed on purpose with normal items and go 1-15-1 every game but ignore everyone and shut up, that won't get me banned? Seems legit.

ZeroKuno

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspexa View Post
Since when flame is the only reason that should get you banned? There are so many intentional feeders on those reports, they just tried to act innocent by not talking. I'm quite glad it didn't work. If I feed on purpose with normal items and go 1-15-1 every game but ignore everyone and shut up, that won't get me banned? Seems legit.
You always seem to know that other people in those cases aren't being banned.
Where is your proof that they aren't getting banned or judged by the Tribunal?

Also, I bet this thread is getting supported by Tribunal haters and people who have been banned prior.

Twillera

11-08-2012

I must admit, i have a hard time understanding a lot of them...mostly the last, ffs, its a bot game. I really hope a red spreads some light on this. I remember a time where the reds said that you could not get banned for being bad at the game. Did that change?

iQuit415

Recruiter

11-08-2012

Ever since I heard that a dude got banned for randoming a champ in a game with an admin, I stopped being surprised at all the bull**** happening that Riot does little to nothing about.
This is just another day in the LoL community.

Also saw screenshot evidence of this and a forum post about it.
Just trying to say that this isn't like a "friend of a friend told me" type of story