Normal games are kind of dangerous now if you're an unskilled/new player..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cornchowdar

11-08-2012

Bump with additional case.

Arulio

11-08-2012

Up.

cornchowdar

11-08-2012

I finally cornered Lyte who has read this thread and this is his response:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2775763&page=3

"I saw your original thread with those links and I hand-reviewed almost all of them during one of my lunch breaks. I wouldn't really overturn a single one.

You have to remember that to even get to the Tribunal is pretty difficult; right now, the average player sent to the Tribunal is in the bottom 0.6% in terms of toxicity in the NA territory. This is also one of the reasons we decided to manually review a handful of cases in the bottom 0.7% to 0.8% of accounts and escalate accounts where necessary.

In saying this, I can see which accounts are smurfs and which account are newbies, I can see which accounts are trying to 'fake' innocence and pull up pre- and post-game chat. There's maybe 1 case in that thread where I'm ambivalent, but the player only got a warning that I believe will make a difference in that player's behavior so I wouldn't overturn the warning anyway.

I know you're probably thinking, "Well, give us that extra information that you have then!" However, it's not that simple. There's privacy laws and related issues that vary from region to region and what's OK in North America might not be OK in a country in Europe. Each additional piece of information also requires development work and we have to constantly weigh our priorities and determine what's the best value we can provide to you, the players. Ultimately, for some reason or another, players came to the same decision we would have if we manually reviewed the case with all the extra information that we have at Riot--even though players had less information to begin with.
"

SilentSounds

11-08-2012

riiiot

Boomslice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Tribunal needs reviewing and every single non-warning temp (or perm) ban should be reviewed by a support team member. They have the money and the employees, just set a small team on reviewing bans and this won't be such a ridiculous problem.

Also you really shouldn't be able to get a tribunal report for just 1 game and 1 person reporting. If 2 or more people report, then it definitely warrants some looking at, but if only 1 guy is mad at you it's usually just a stupid grudge-type report the resulted from a conversation that led to someones ego being hurt.

Ilumeo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Bump for great justice.

cornchowdar

11-08-2012

Well, I'm not very hopeful anymore. Lyte seemed to evade the more pressing issues while throwing blackbox smoke screens to confound us all with hidden violations that are apparently not in those tribunal cases.

Interestingly enough, one of players in the linked cases has come forth and asked Lyte to point out specifically what he did wrong, agreeing to waive his privacy and everything else just for the sake of clarity.

If Lyte doens't respond to that, then we have our answer.. that is.. the tribunal is automated and here to stay in its current incarnation, because it saves Riot a lot of money.

pyramideye89

11-08-2012

more proof of a flawed system!

TenderLoL

11-08-2012

not gonna lie, i use to defend riot on these kind of things... after seeing all of this, i don't really trust riot anymore.

TimeWhisp

11-08-2012

They really ought to show account level. That would help decipher whether the person is trolling or just bad a little better.