How to survive early game as Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScoutingTacos

11-05-2012

OK, so I've owned Vayne for a long time now, but I've never really gotten the hang of how to play her. Mostly because I don't play her enough. Every time I play her I get shut down early game, and the enemy adc snowballs like crazy, so I lose every time. It really discourages me from playing her.

How do I avoid getting destroyed in the early game? And does anyone have any tips for positioning her and when to use her ult?

Midnight Vesper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Vayne is purely situational. She doesn't really have a "do this to win" method, and relies much more on capitalizing on the mistakes of others with superior mechanics. All I can really say is look up doublelift's Razer Academy vid, followed by every game that man has ever played as vayne, and learn young padawan.

Lost Rains

11-05-2012

I read this thread as "how to survive early game as peashooter"

jokod

11-05-2012

Hopefully you'll be against a Tristiana, you guys will both have to wait till late game comes.

Lulu Loves Me

11-05-2012

You literally have to stand way the **** back and walk up only at the very last moment to last hit a minion. Then you need to tumble back immediately if you're in any range that's too close. Some CS you need to consciously let go because if you go for it, you will take 70% of your health or just die.

When you get 6, certain matchups become advantageous for you. Vayne vs Caitlyn and Vayne vs Graves matchups most noticeably become good for you.

Tapyu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Play Vayne in a passive-aggressive mindset, and you typically need a support that can peel or initiate, or make you overall stronger then the other ad carry (nunu)

KarlWayneJenkins

11-05-2012

Honestly, you need to be better at AD carry to be successful as vayne. There is no real secret to it. If you are vsing another adc with some skillshots you better tumble out of the way. If you are the better ADC player then you will win the lane almost regardless of carry.

Pur3 V3n0m

11-05-2012

Learn how to harass as her safely with her low range. Learn what supports work with your play style. I like sona and Ali. Learn to pin. When you use your ult keep your positioning like you would with any ad carry safe in the back. Don't let silver bolts trick you into getting as over ad its a good powerful skill but its called ad carry for a reason

ScoutingTacos

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm Vayne View Post
You literally have to stand way the **** back and walk up only at the very last moment to last hit a minion. Then you need to tumble back immediately if you're in any range that's too close. Some CS you need to consciously let go because if you go for it, you will take 70% of your health or just die.

When you get 6, certain matchups become advantageous for you. Vayne vs Caitlyn and Vayne vs Graves matchups most noticeably become good for you.
Thanks Vayne!

Necroneous

11-05-2012

50% of laning with vayne is all about positioning... If your support wards the lane bushes, you can get easy kills if you level condemn early and get a good pin on the enemy ADC