Elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Boss FBH

11-05-2012

I have 800 normal game wins and am a seasoned player. I just recently started playing ranked though and am down in the 1000's since i did my 5 placing games a long time ago. I carry every game so hard and i legit cant get out. Everytime i get to 1100 i end up with a 5 game lose streak because of baddies. I cant get out

FaerellG

11-05-2012

I don't think you use the word "carry" the same way that high Elo players use it. Please, explain what you mean by "carry".

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-05-2012

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/1...5#ranked-stats

You don't carry as hard as you think you do.

stigweard

11-06-2012

Judging by your recent matches, maybe try to jungle with Skarner more? Stats-wise, those are the games that you actually carried.

Prome

11-06-2012

You probably play now around your elo +-150. Being "bronze" isn't that bad, majority of the players are unranked. And seeing you have only played normal games before, around that elo I would also place you without even seeing your stats. Even though 800 games is a lot and you probably have a lot of exprience with many champions, ranked games are a different beast. It'll take time to get used to them. Just trust the system, accept that you might not be as good as you think, improve and work your way upwards.

IcedStorm

11-06-2012

*fact* most of the bad players in league all try and play ranked and do just good enough to get 1200 elo...... normals in some cases are actually much harder to play than ranked. ik this because my bro literally gets curb stomped in normals but as soon as he went to ranked he shot up to 1400 elo.

IcedStorm

11-06-2012

i personally was tricked into playing ranked by one of my buds that i had introduced to league... needless to say i was not pleased....

iDpark

11-06-2012

Elo hell does not exist.

Math says that other team is more likely to have freeders and afkers, etc.
If you think you're unlucky, go duo queue. (increases chances of not having a bad team)

If your still stuck after a lot of games, you probably belong there.
I belong at silver 5.
I'll eventually get better.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDpark View Post
Elo hell does not exist.

Math says that other team is more likely to have freeders and afkers, etc.
If you think you're unlucky, go duo queue. (increases chances of not having a bad team)
Yep.

If you solo-queue, the enemy team is about 20% more likely to have a troll/feed/afk/dc/whatever (assuming you never do any of this ever).

If you duo-queue, the enemy team is about 40% more likely to have a troll/feed/disconnect/afk/whatever (assuming you and your queue partner never do any of this ever).

iDpark

11-06-2012

Another same person on the forums. Joyous tidings to you.