Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So my friend wanted a list of common ADCs for some Supports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chortlebrah

11-05-2012

My friend is just starting to play league.. He's reached level 30 and LOVES supports! Well today he asked me to help him figure out which support to pick based on the ADC (attack damage carry) chosen.

I know i didn't list all the supports, but these are the ones he inquired about. If you wanna know more about support compositions please ask or if you see something I missed add them yourself! Let's help out the new guys!!

Alistar - Does well with burst champions. He is usually banned in ranked.

ADCs - Graves, Ezreal Sivir, Vayne Corki. Champs that can burst or have a stun like Vayne do really well with him due to the long CD on his knock-up/back.

Cons - Lacks range. Can go oom easily if not careful due to the low cd on his heal.

Blitzcrank - Probably the most OP support in lower ELO. Banned in Ranked.

ADCs - Caitlyn, Vayne, Tristana. Champs with cc like cait vayne are most potent, but all do well with him.

Cons - Has a long CD on his grab so most opponents will abuse that and counter him when he misses.

Janna - Most commonly used for poke compositions.

ADCs - Caitlyn, Varus, Sivir, Jayce. Most long range skillshot champs do well.

Cons - Easily squished by aggressive supports like Blitz/Ali/Leona

Nunu - Works well with Champs that have an atck speed steroid built into their kit.

ADCs - Miss Fortune, Corki, Ezreal Graves, Draven

Cons - Lacks sustain for his carry, requires good timing on your ultimate and exhaust to be effective early.

Soraka - Does really well with Champs that can spam aoe abilities.

ADCs - Caitlyn, Ezreal Jayce, Sivir. Any champ that has range and can do more dmg by using mana.

Cons - Lacks an escape. Gets murdered if caught by an aggressive support Ali/Leona/Blitz. Requires the ADC to do most of the work in laning phase.

Taric - Most fabulous support. Does significantly more dmg compared to other supports.

ADCs - Sivir, Jayce, Vayne, Corki. Anyone that can burst or chase.

Cons - Has really long CDs. He does a little bit of everything but does it mediocre. Is the most fabulous support.

Zilean - Not a very common support. Can speed up or slow carries. Nice dmg output and range with time bombs. Ultimate is nice in teamfight phase.

ADCs - Sivir, Miss Fortune, Jayce. Does well with champions that are already fast and can do nice burst dmg.

Cons - Will get killed or out-sustained any day. Not the most useful support.

Okies so that's basically most of the ADCs I am familiar with based on the support champs you listed. Others such as Twitch, Urgot, and Kog are less common ADCs that I'm not quite sure where to place with these supports so yeah

EDIT 1:

Quote:
Snoozealot:
Don't Nunu and Vayne usually stroll together?

Quote:
8RoundShock:
Doesn't put nunu and kog together. GG

Snoozealot

11-05-2012

Don't Nunu and Vayne usually stroll together?

RavenMagus

11-05-2012

Nunu doesn't work well with champions that already have attack speed. He works well with champions that scale well with attack speed.

In particular, he is best with Kog'maw, Vayne, and Twitch.

8RoundShock

11-05-2012

Doesn't put nunu and kog together. GG

Kidro

11-05-2012

also its a good idea to pick a support based on your whole team comp/ and the enemy team as well. not just pairing adc/support.

Bossa

11-05-2012

It's also worth mentioning that Alistar and Janna especially are very good at peeling for your carry, which is great for Kog and Vayne especially. I also haven't found a carry that I don't enjoy playing Janna with, or a support that really makes her life difficult. Just be safe, shield your carry when s/he goes to harass or eats some kind of cc like a Taric stun, and use 'nadoes to keep the enemy laners/jungler off of your carry. Her ult is also amazing for disengaging from fights that your team would otherwise lose.

Edit: Your friend is more than welcome to add me if he has any questions. I'm only 1400 ish, but I'll gladly help another support player out as much as I can.

CLG DoubIelift

11-05-2012

Wtf is wrong with your nunu and taric? No vayne, kog for nunu????? No graves for taric wtf?????

canadianForces

11-05-2012

aww you miss sona

Chortlebrah

11-05-2012

Quote:
Kidro:
also its a good idea to pick a support based on your whole team comp/ and the enemy team as well. not just pairing adc/support.

Agreed! A nice combination bot lane does not necessarily translate into a good late game; however, if you lose early game because your support doesn't go well with the ADC at lower levels, then the point is moot. I do agree with you though

NoxDragon26

11-05-2012

Taric synergizes very well with Tristana. Together they deal a huge burst of damage.

(well, actually Taric synergizes well with every ADC.)