I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfauxx View Post
They should hire you! Seriously. Great job!!!
This thread is officially in my favorites so I can check back on your awesome designs.
Thanks! New champ every Monday. Other stuff in between mondays.

Ishinokao

12-07-2012

They should be crediting you. :\

mcl Thanatos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Yeah -- awesome huh
I'd find it more awesome if they at least gave u a tip of their hat that you and their company either came up with nearly the same exact concept of a champ (unlikely, but plausible... seeing how long it takes for a champ to be made).

Tho, I guess if you don't mind companies ripping you off for profit without giving you any amount of credit, let alone money or a job... then it really doesn't matter how they came up with a nearly identical idea.

Still hoping ya get a shot at making champs for them some day tho, I even applied to Riot for a business analyst position, would love to work there lol. You have some pretty cool ideas and i'm sure more to come tho!

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobbGoblin View Post
I'd find it more awesome if they at least gave u a tip of their hat that you and their company either came up with nearly the same exact concept of a champ (unlikely, but plausible... seeing how long it takes for a champ to be made).

Tho, I guess if you don't mind companies ripping you off for profit without giving you any amount of credit, let alone money or a job... then it really doesn't matter how they came up with a nearly identical idea.

Still hoping ya get a shot at making champs for them some day tho, I even applied to Riot for a business analyst position, would love to work there lol. You have some pretty cool ideas and i'm sure more to come tho!
It's definitely a "great minds think alike" situation. I chose to take Quinn in a more oriental fighter direction. They went more mechanical. And I'm willing to bet that they were working on a gauntlet wielding champ before I made my thread -- so I don't see it as "ripping off".

But to acknowledge my thread, and support my art -- is all the "tip of their hat" I need to know I'm on a good path here.

iSpiderMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I really like the monster ones the best, a few of the others look a lot like other champs just mixed but besides those ones love them

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpiderMan View Post
I really like the monster ones the best, a few of the others look a lot like other champs just mixed but besides those ones love them
I do take visual cues from existing champs -- it helps when trying to make a character that might specifically fit into the League -- as opposed to something like say... Metal Gear.

Yaheki

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabro View Post
Firstly, I'm a fan of your work here Izabelle! Very fun and creative stuff here!

Wanted to chime in here on Vi, a bit since people are curious about the coincidence. For the official record, It takes us anywhere from 4-6 months to concept and produce a LoL champ.

In Vi's case, she's been aeound in various forms for two years. At one point she was a steam-punk capoeira fighter with dreads and robot legs- which sounds way cooler than our drawings for her!

A year ago we started exploring a girl with bad ass metal/tech gauntlets but we couldn't find a way to make her compelling. We were running into challenges with Shyvana overlap, as well as struggling to define who she was as a person. Sometime around this past June, one of our champ concept artists took another crack at her- and came up with the punky ex-criminal persona. We all got super pumped on this new direction and began full pre-production.. GypsyLord's first playable protoype came into design playtest in early July- and we had her marquee charge punch ability day one.

When I first saw this thread a month ago, I was amazed at the coincidence! Kudos to you Izabelle for your creativity.

Hope you all enjoy punching people in the face with Vi.
Ah! that's some nice coincidence xD
I wonder if it is possible to have a skin dedicate to Izabelle!!

Tremor

Recruiter

12-07-2012

My favorite has to be Murdok. As soon as I saw him, I had all these thoughts spark in my head. It would be cool if his Worgen was invisible to other people, and it would walk around with him- and his skills would consist of melee stuff and the Worgen would become visible to strike with Murdok. That would be so awesome.

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaheki View Post
Ah! that's some nice coincidence xD
I wonder if it is possible to have a skin dedicate to Izabelle!!
Quinn Skin where?! Riot pls.

Izzabelle

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremor View Post
My favorite has to be Murdok. As soon as I saw him, I had all these thoughts spark in my head. It would be cool if his Worgen was invisible to other people, and it would walk around with him- and his skills would consist of melee stuff and the Worgen would become visible to strike with Murdok. That would be so awesome.
I like Murdok too ^^