What happens when a season ends?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kantrix

10-05-2010

I see the champion rotation posts always say season one. Usually games that have seasons reset some or all of a players stats at every new season. In this game, I guess it would be "ok" to reset the ranked stats, but it certaintly wouldnt be good to loose all your champions, runes, or summoner levels. I didnt see anything, though, that says exactly what happens when a seaon ends. Did I miss something?

What happens when a season ends?

Superlive

10-05-2010

test

Ther InGal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

Umm, as you said, it's season one. Since it's season one, we never saw a season's end to tell you what will happen. I pretty much believe nobody will lose their runes, champs, etc... if that's what's keeping you awake at night. But ranked stats wipe may be a possibility

Luchen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-05-2010

Competitive ladders in videogames are usually split into seasons (like in many blizzad games) which means that every X time they'll reset the ladder so the competition to be #1 can start all over again, giving a chance people that had a rough start las seasons while giving some challenges to th previous top players.

The only thing that will happen at the end of season 1 is a ladder reset. You will not lose any unlocked content.

SSJAlbert

06-09-2011

that means i can play ranked games without worrying about losses showing up on my profile next season, right?

Larcer

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJAlbert View Post
that means i can play ranked games without worrying about losses showing up on my profile next season, right?
thats not exactly the best attitude to have, what you are saying is that since season 2 will probably start pretty soon you will stop trying as hard in ranked games and start feeding more.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-09-2011

They also haven't announced exactly what they're doing in between seasons. While some sort of a wipe is necessary, I would actually prefer if it was only a partial reset (ie the differences are lowered, but everyone is in the same relative positions).

Also, if you're playing Ranked without worrying about your ranking, you shouldn't be playing ranked. If you're playing to learn, either play normal games or draft custom games.

DrunkNSDrinkin

06-09-2011

As long as they do not take my Champions and Runes, I don't care what they do. =p

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-09-2011

What is it about my post that you disagree with? Ranked games are for those who want to focus on winning more than in normal games. If you're just playing Ranked games for the lols, you're doing yourself, and your teammates, a huge disservice.

SSJAlbert

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcer View Post
thats not exactly the best attitude to have, what you are saying is that since season 2 will probably start pretty soon you will stop trying as hard in ranked games and start feeding more.
Actually, I've been wanting to play a ranked, but am afraid it'll look bad if i dont win. Also b/c my friends play LoL and they like calling ppl noobs when they have losses.
So yea :P