High ELO Nasus question.

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roninsm

03-04-2010

Bloodthirster is better than inf edge (although I see no reason to get either). IE does not really scale any of Nasus' skills so you are better off with the extra damage (for cheaper) over the extra crit.

Zero47

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorrrrrge View Post
If anyone has any thing to say about that i would love to hear why Im wrong about bloodthirster. (please more than a "lol noob" comment")
Bloodthirster is a good item for Nasus but it takes a while for it to be at full potential. I guess the reason people go for Infinity's is because it adds burst damage, which makes it easier to gank and because it's overall a good item. I don't use it because it's expensive and Nasus doesn't get the best returns from crits (bonus damage from Sheen or TF don't crit).

I don't agree about Banshees, simply because I don't find caster dps that much of a problem. I usually get mercury's when there's stunners involved but I rarely get burst killed, and if a burst doesn't kill me I press R and beat the **** out of stuff. Thornmail allows you to take double (!) the punishment from enemy DPS'ers, while returning 25% damage, besides that your lifedrain will heal more in comparison.

Ofcourse that changes if they have 3 or more casters or get Black Cleavers / Last Whispers.

Zeero

03-04-2010

I agree withe bloodthirster over infinity edge. It synergizes well with Nassus and makes you next to unstoppable without an opposing team full of stunners.

The best game I ever played with Nassus where I truly felt unstoppable was when I had two sunfire capes, Banshees veil, bloodthirster, Mercury Treads, and Trinity force. It was amazing. Their entire team ran at the sight of me and I would kill towers in seconds with the burst from SS. Nassus scales so well in longer games and Bloodthirster really helps.

roninsm

03-04-2010

Zeero, if you get fed enough to buy all that, it doesn't really matter what items you get. You could've bought AP and it would have worked. My point here is that while those items work, they aren't exactly ideal.

Zero47, banshees is almost a must have on Nasus. You need to be standing in the middle of the other team with your ult, and if they stun you before you get there you aren't very useful at all. A partial list of enemies that you should get banshees against:

Annie, Ryze, Veigar, TF, Taric, Alistar, Sion, fiddlesticks, Zilean, Kassadin, Evelyn, Karthus, Nunu, Blitz, Cho-Gath, Corki, Amumu, Anivia, Rammus. In other words, about half the champs in the game. So basically, unless the other team is something like Master Yi, Ashe, Tristana, Teemo, and Dr. Mundo, you should get a banshees.

Blacksurt

03-04-2010

Ask Thai Guy

/thread

Ráisa

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
Zeero, if you get fed enough to buy all that, it doesn't really matter what items you get. You could've bought AP and it would have worked. My point here is that while those items work, they aren't exactly ideal.

Zero47, banshees is almost a must have on Nasus. You need to be standing in the middle of the other team with your ult, and if they stun you before you get there you aren't very useful at all. A partial list of enemies that you should get banshees against:

Annie, Ryze, Veigar, TF, Taric, Alistar, Sion, fiddlesticks, Zilean, Kassadin, Evelyn, Karthus, Nunu, Blitz, Cho-Gath, Corki, Amumu, Anivia, Rammus. In other words, about half the champs in the game. So basically, unless the other team is something like Master Yi, Ashe, Tristana, Teemo, and Dr. Mundo, you should get a banshees.
I like you, you always say good things =D
ima add you in game

gramkracka22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

bump for nasus awsomeness

what skill order u guys go, im still nto sure on that

DayInTheSun

05-01-2010

Spirit fire or siphoning strike both have their pros and cons for starting skills for Nasus.

I'm a pretty passive player early game so I like to get spirit fire unless my lanemate wants to get first blood or get an early kill.

Level 2 I like to get siphoning strike and then wither. Max out spirit fire first to help you push creep waves more effectively. My priority goes R>E>W>Q, although I do get more points in siphoning strike on occasion if I feel like I need to lower its cool down.

PineappleThis

05-08-2010

Definitely rushing the trinity force, boots, 1 vampiric scepter, banshees, (starks or bloodthirster). Like stuff stated earlier in this thread, banshees is a must have, if he can't attack to drain life, he sucks and dies.

4inchesoffury

06-14-2010

Well after just playing nasus again i saw this thread it was a good game, i went against ashe trynd olaf rammus and fiddle our team was kayle twitch nasus(me) ryze(died alot they targeted him hard) and malphite so pretty evenly matched heroes no soraka or janna or shen to make it some insane tryhard team. anyways i went 11/5/13 and i've found i do great when i play nasus some pluses and minuses and must do's with nasus i think i need to point out.

as far as masteries go i go a simple 11 /18/1 build this is important to get the armor pen in offense, the improved cleanse and battle scars in defense and just 1 point into ghost.

as far as runes go the reason i dont go into utility at all is because i have mana regen per lvl seals which do the trick nicely armor pen marks, flat hp quints of course and cdr/per lvl glyphs i find this works well and takes care of mana issues

with nasus the items he gets are really dependant on the team your playing i've found that merc treads aegis and tri force are a must on any nasus build and provide some survivability and lots of dmg out put. but honestly i don't think his build is as important as play style i see many nasus's making the mistake of being over agressive early or using spirit fire at lvl 2/3/4 this is stupid and burns mana for low returns get a point in siphon strike and start last hitting creeps dont use spirit fire till it is lvl 3 (when your lvl 5) i usually build my skills around this format Q E E W E R E W E Q R W Q W Q R W Q nasus job for first half of game is farm and really farm only

slow in team fights if you have to push towers when your team is fighting but dont really get into the mix of fight at least until you have sheen merc treads and your aegis built...then you can start getting into fights...you are not an initiator with these items trust you will get blown up with your ult on still. now if your team needs tank, get tanky items against a mainly caster team yes get banshees veil force of nature so on, if melee get omen/ sunfire capes so on just know your role with nasus and farm early get your siphon up fast focus on that tilla bout lvl 12 then start helping in team fights

12345678 ... 9