High ELO Nasus question.

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zine

11-22-2009

I usually go 9/0/21 (so I don't have to respec for each champ I play) and for Nasus the best runes are:
Crit Chance
HP5/Level
MP5/Level
HP

Meister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2009

I've heard 9/0/21 mentioned a lot, but what are the talents that people actually pick when they do that?

blackmoses

11-23-2009

I play nasus as a dps tank. here's the skills I got at the start. Spirit fire, siphonstrike, spirit fire, siphonstirke, wither, avatar. After that it all depends on the game and how it's going. If you're on a ganking squad you might want to lvl wither on lvl 7 and siphonstrike on lvl 8. If you're running with all 5 players get spirit fire. Summoner spells I use are flash and exhaust for ganking. Items I use are as follows:

warden's mail - starts off with health regen for the start of the game
Murcury's treads - reduces snares and stuns and slow by 40% pluss adds magic resistance to your tank build. That and you have flash so don't really need that extra movement.
phage - start the fozen mallet build, but may not need to finish it.

at this point if you need to be the tank you can continue with tank build items. I like to use health and ability power making your ult amazing. Or the standard infinities edge works pretty good.

Krangbot

11-23-2009

How does one check or calculate your own ELO?

voxrumor

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krangbot View Post
How does one check or calculate your own ELO?
I would like to know this as well.

Maleagant

11-23-2009

ELO is calculated based on wins and losses and the ELO of the other team if they are higher and you win you get a bigger boost to your ELO if they are lowwer and you lose its a bigger hit to your ELO. It isn't public knowledge what your or most anyone's ELO is sometimes they post them from people requesting but I think that is generally frowned on.

I am not sure but I think they plan to in the future provide a way for you to check it.

JunkRamen

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterAyars View Post
I'm not quite top 500 (keep playing with bad players), but i've used Nasus against top players and had success with him in the recent CA tournament also. I wrote a guide on him, which is too big and complicated to repeat here, but i can't promise it will help you against the very best.
I saw your guide on Nasus and I thought it was well written, though the sections were not in the format typical of most guides (build first then strategies). I found it more useful than the other guides; you should update and bump it to get it into the directory.

Mehacton

01-19-2010

Hello everyone,

I think much of the problems surrounding Nasus are caused by the inherent universality present in his skill set - put a different way, he can do it all and so there's really little clue as to what one should do. Unlike, say, Ashe (who is generally restricted to DPS) or Amumu (who is generally restricted to tank), Nasus can do both well and occasionally simultaneously.

In that light, I'm not completely sure that there is a single "high ELO Nasus strategy" that can be repeated verbatim and copied. Lack of a direct advantage, like high base damage or a significant disable, is a bad thing at these early stages of the game when individual heroes haven't yet become fully empowered, Nasus foremost among them. Siphoning Strike is weak as one hasn't had time to feed it, Wither's full slowing effect is nice but seemingly ineffective against caster heroes, and Spirit Fire is okay.

Nasus is a character that tends to scale very well the longer the game goes on. Two of his abilities (Siphoning Strike and the ultimate) become stronger as the game wears on, while Wither's percentage-based slow becomes even more significant. The only static damage spell he possesses is Spirit Fire, evne his passive ability is percentage-oriented. I think this explains the philosophy behind the item builds discussed here quite nicely - the quick tanking items allow Nasus to become "a factor" much sooner than he normally would. Later on I imagine these would be replaced by other, more beefy tank items if the game should last that long.

It's worth pointing out that this is essentially the opposite of most heroes - rather than using skills to get good items right away, Nasus is content with using okay items to wait until his skills power up. I think this inherent strategical dichotomy between Nasus and everyone else plays some role in the difficulty of the character.

~ Mehacton

Thinscrispy

01-19-2010

I prefer to go DPS on Nasus, but be sure to take a cleanse. If you can negate their CC its easy to turn a 3v1 gank back on them with your ulti and incredible lifesteal. Solo is always a good idea with Nasus, allowing you to build siphoning strike without crippling a teammates chance at last hitting, and if you get a scepter at the start your impossible to harass (with a few exception).

If the other team has stacked CC its probably better to go tank, just analyse the enemy composition before you decide your path, Nasus as the utility to do this, masteries and runes will benefit him regardless of how they are specced so don't feel trapped by them.

Basically, lots of CC = tank, lack of CC = DPS life steal.

mystical pudge

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehacton View Post
Hello everyone,

I think much of the problems surrounding Nasus are caused by the inherent universality present in his skill set - put a different way, he can do it all and so there's really little clue as to what one should do. Unlike, say, Ashe (who is generally restricted to DPS) or Amumu (who is generally restricted to tank), Nasus can do both well and occasionally simultaneously.

In that light, I'm not completely sure that there is a single "high ELO Nasus strategy" that can be repeated verbatim and copied. Lack of a direct advantage, like high base damage or a significant disable, is a bad thing at these early stages of the game when individual heroes haven't yet become fully empowered, Nasus foremost among them. Siphoning Strike is weak as one hasn't had time to feed it, Wither's full slowing effect is nice but seemingly ineffective against caster heroes, and Spirit Fire is okay.

Nasus is a character that tends to scale very well the longer the game goes on. Two of his abilities (Siphoning Strike and the ultimate) become stronger as the game wears on, while Wither's percentage-based slow becomes even more significant. The only static damage spell he possesses is Spirit Fire, evne his passive ability is percentage-oriented. I think this explains the philosophy behind the item builds discussed here quite nicely - the quick tanking items allow Nasus to become "a factor" much sooner than he normally would. Later on I imagine these would be replaced by other, more beefy tank items if the game should last that long.

It's worth pointing out that this is essentially the opposite of most heroes - rather than using skills to get good items right away, Nasus is content with using okay items to wait until his skills power up. I think this inherent strategical dichotomy between Nasus and everyone else plays some role in the difficulty of the character.

~ Mehacton
While I appreciate an eloquent, analytical approach to champion discussion...that was simply too much for a LOL forum to handle.

123456 ... 9