Attack Speed + Armour? [Item Suggestion]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JayceJa

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeeD View Post
Yeah i read, i only changed mine for the purpose of keeping discussion rolling and to keep the snowballing of ideas going.

I actually think your idea of taking hits is really good, i played a game before where i was a melee dps and the focus of my enemies attacks constantly, something to deter them from jumping straight in on you is always a welcome change.

so right now we are saying: PASSIVE: Each successful hit your champion receives increases attack speed AND armour by 4% max 8 stacks. this would make Warwick pretty buff you know @_@

EDIT: my major concern would be how overpowered it was, but the simple flaw here is that your passive is useless if u aren't taking hits, and lets face it, 5 v 1 it doesnt matter how many stacks u have you are dead.....

other than that i actually think this item isn't that bad.

Someone in another thread was talking about what niche's did new suggestions fill, and i think this one actually can play a role especially for squishy or melee DPS characters, especially depending on your situation, it could be a fairly effective yi counter as well.
the item looks rather nice like that, but i would probably swap the attack speed on the stacks for another stat
attack speed has a hard cap, and with a lot of other dps items being based around it(madreds, last whisper, starks) having an item that stacks up to 82% at max stacks would mean it wouldnt synergize so well with them

attack damage would work, as would a low amount of armor penetration, crit i wouldnt use because atmas has the armor and crit niche i feel

also, since getting attacked happens more often than attacking yourself when your being mobbed, i think i would put the cap higher, but reduce the amount per stacks, also making it a little less strong in 1v1s, which seems to be the point of this item, you grab it as a deterrant and punishment to the enemy of being focused, but as a result, you do lose a little when chasing/1v1ing
perhaps this is it?

UNIQUE Passive: everytime you get attacked, you gain 2 armor penetration and 2 armor, stacks up to 15 times, buff lasting 4 seconds refreshing each time you are attacked

the concept of getting armor yourself and getting 2 armor penetration is kinda cool too, its like you are stealing your armor when they attack you almost

then it needs balancing, 30 armor penetration is great, but itd not work when your chasing somone, only kick in late into a 1v1, and work great when you are being focused, but even with those draw backs it couldnt be too cheap

maybe chain vest, stinger and 900 cost, giving you 60 armor, 15% CDR and 50% attack speed
for that price of 900, you get 15 armor, 5% cdr and 10% attack speed, which sounds around about right cost wise, then in addition you get the passive for free, at around 2600 it looks rather ok

Carados

10-06-2010

Quote:
Carados: I love how you think your opinion about how to build a character is the only acceptable option.
Uhh, except attack speed is worthless for those characters. Kat is not an autoattack champion, if you think she is, you're playing her wrong. There is literally no reason to purchase attack speed on Kat, unless I'm missing something. Care to share? There is again, no reason to purchase attack speed on Rammus, considering AP will actually give better returns over the course of a game, and Garen's damage source is not his auto attacks.

It's more of "understanding how this game is played."

Quote:
Rammus Taunt
Shen taunt.
Look up the word "Primary."

Can a taunt force Annie to Tibbers the tank instead of the Ashe with an Infnity Edge? Can a taunt force a Tristiana to use Rapid Fire?

Taunt is a disable, not "soaking damage."

There is no possible way to soak damage in this game. There is no possible way a character can have the role of "soaking damage" because it isn't possible.

MonkeeD

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Uhh, except attack speed is worthless for those characters. Kat is not an autoattack champion, if you think she is, you're playing her wrong. There is literally no reason to purchase attack speed on Kat, unless I'm missing something. Care to share? There is again, no reason to purchase attack speed on Rammus, considering AP will actually give better returns over the course of a game, and Garen's damage source is not his auto attacks.

It's more of "understanding how this game is played."

Look up the word "Primary."

Can a taunt force Annie to Tibbers the tank instead of the Ashe with an Infnity Edge? Can a taunt force a Tristiana to use Rapid Fire?

Taunt is a disable, not "soaking damage."

There is no possible way to soak damage in this game. There is no possible way a character can have the role of "soaking damage" because it isn't possible.
Look up the word Disable, you used it. sigh.....

MonkeeD

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
UNIQUE Passive: everytime you get attacked, you gain 2 armor penetration and 2 armor, stacks up to 15 times, buff lasting 4 seconds refreshing each time you are attacked

the concept of getting armor yourself and getting 2 armor penetration is kinda cool too, its like you are stealing your armor when they attack you almost

then it needs balancing, 30 armor penetration is great, but itd not work when your chasing somone, only kick in late into a 1v1, and work great when you are being focused, but even with those draw backs it couldnt be too cheap

maybe chain vest, stinger and 900 cost, giving you 60 armor, 15% CDR and 50% attack speed
for that price of 900, you get 15 armor, 5% cdr and 10% attack speed, which sounds around about right cost wise, then in addition you get the passive for free, at around 2600 it looks rather ok

How do we get someone to make this mother f'er? lol! Here Riot admins.... -whistles-

In this form its seems like a really viable mid game option for a squishy or melee dps, i WAS considering it as a late game or game breaker, but i think in this form it is actually A: more accessible and B: far more practical. again thanks for your input.

Carados

10-06-2010

Quote:
Look up the word Disable, you used it. sigh.....

To prevent someone from doing their job?

I am utterly confused at your lack of understanding of the English language.

MonkeeD

10-08-2010

sigh..... in confused at your lack of intelligence.

to disable means to prevent someone from doing their job hence, if their job is to use their primary damage spells on your squishy dps heroes and you DISABLE them???

well im sure the gears are clicking into place now.

anyway i don't want to flame i want to discuss this item. your input if it is constructive is always valued,

Peasantry

10-18-2012

I do like the idea of the item. On characters like Garen, (assuming you build them off-tank) attack speed is fairly important late game, as your damage starts to fall off against single targets. Like the name of the item too, I'll post in more detail shortly.