Attack Speed + Armour? [Item Suggestion]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JayceJa

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
A tank's job is not to take damage. Please do not post false information with the intent of misleading new users.
so yea, you are just a stupid troll, thought so

the purpose of the tank is to protect the squishies on your team, they by initiating and making themselves a target via threatening CC, damage sources etc.
doing this stops damage going to the squishies which lets them deal damage without dieing, all of this includes taking damage, which tanks are both naturally built for, and itemized for

Carados

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
doing this stops damage going to the squishies which lets them deal damage without dieing, all of this includes taking damage, which tanks are both naturally built for, and itemized for
Okay, answer me this then:

What mechanic, unique to tanks, allows a tank to force an unwilling player to use their primary damage sources on the person least effected by the damage?

JayceJa

10-05-2010

Quote:

What mechanic, unique to tanks, allows a tank to force an unwilling player to use their primary damage sources on the person least effected by the damage?
the fact that well done initiation means it is the only option

Carados

10-05-2010

Quote:
the fact that well done initiation means it is the only option
Except you're relying on the other team to be dumb and make mistakes, and is neither reliable nor a good strategy.

"My champion's job is to hope the enemy team has never heard of the phrase 'Don't focus the tank!'"
"My champion's job is to hope the enemy team completely forgets to purchase items!"
"My champion's job is to hope the enemy team chooses bad champions! When they do, I'll get all the credit!"

JayceJa

10-05-2010

Quote:
Except you're relying on the other team to be dumb and make mistakes, and is neither reliable nor a good strategy.

"My champion's job is to hope the enemy team has never heard of the phrase 'Don't focus the tank!'"
"My champion's job is to hope the enemy team completely forgets to purchase items!"
"My champion's job is to hope the enemy team chooses bad champions! When they do, I'll get all the credit!"
no, if a good tank(champion wise) initiates properly, their crowd control prevents the enemy getting to your squishies who are at range, forcing enemies to attack you or do nothing, they are not going to do nothing

when it comes to range squishy vs range squishy, they act as CCers to swing the battle to your side, doing so is a great threat to their team, so if a caster/tank is not in range to stop your squishy as well, which good initiation can mean, they will throw it at you instead, so instead of stopping your squishy, they stop you from stopping theirs

thats the whole point of Melee Dpsers being semi-tanks, because a tank cannot adequately prevent them from taking damage if they are not at a range, so they are forced to buy defensive items, and this sort of item would be one such example that is perfect for them

thats also discounting the tanks threats directly, some tanks are more threatening to the team than a single dpser they would otherwise focus. Tanks such as galio can win close games with a perfect ultimate, and because of that, they are targets of CC, which happen to be tied to a tank and mages primary damage source, in order to prevent the use of said ultimate in the right position

so yea, tanks do not have the role to take damage, but i never once said they did, i said that their role is to protect squishies, which happens to include taking damage, which is why they are built for it, and my initial line was that semitanks can take damage, but not as well as tanks
that line itself never said anything about 'role', you are just trolling like an idiot picking stupid fights over nothing

MonkeeD

10-06-2010

Carados: I love how you think your opinion about how to build a character is the only acceptable option.

As i said it was a suggestion i am only level 16 and relatively new to LoL it just seemed to me that an item such as this which allowed for alternate building could be fun and interesting.
I missed the Madreds Blood razor my bad, but when i went into the item lists on this website and selected attack speed and armour there were no items in the filter. Thats how that one got through.

A stack system would be a good idea thaks JayceJa for the feedback. I didn't know how far to go with a passive as far as making it OP perhaps if we included some stats like:
15% CD reduction and a PASSIVE: Each successful attack Increases your champions armour and attack speed by 4% max 8 stacks (like guinsoo's but with armour as well)

Smackadummy: the 5% would apply to minions as well making it easier for pushers to build up big attacks. it was only a suggestion :/

MonkeeD

10-06-2010

Quote:

Rammus Taunt
Shen taunt.

just saying
EDIT: alot of tanks have stuns and slows as well meaning once they enter the fight the opponent becomes severely disadvantaged.

Dimensionist

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeeD View Post
Rammus Taunt
Shen taunt.

just saying
EDIT: alot of tanks have stuns and slows as well meaning once they enter the fight the opponent becomes severely disadvantaged.
This, I will also add that some tanks like Alistar can force champions on the opposing team to have to reposition themselves.

Tank's job is to protect the carries a lot of which involves soaking up damage...

JayceJa

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeeD View Post
A stack system would be a good idea thaks JayceJa for the feedback. I didn't know how far to go with a passive as far as making it OP perhaps if we included some stats like:
15% CD reduction and a PASSIVE: Each successful attack Increases your champions armour and attack speed by 4% max 8 stacks (like guinsoo's but with armour as well)
actually, my idea was that when your champion GETS hit it increases his stats in case you didnt understand, if you did but deliberately changed it with your adaption, then thats ok too, but let me offer 2 reasons that i think the first way is better

1, possibly stops people attacking you if they dont want to stack your item(mostly would occur in mid game ganks or if the item is a significantly strong late game item), which is great, as a dpsing champion, them not attacking you is always good, as it gives you more time to do damage

2, lets you get stronger by getting hit, this means that if you do get focused physically, your damage increases, making up for the fact you will be around less time to do damage

i personally think an AS+Armor item with this type of passive would be excellent, however what stat the passive gives could be changed to suit exactly who you want to get the item

MonkeeD

10-06-2010

Quote:
actually, my idea was that when your champion GETS hit it increases his stats in case you didnt understand, if you did but deliberately changed it with your adaption, then thats ok too, but let me offer 2 reasons that i think the first way is better
Yeah i read, i only changed mine for the purpose of keeping discussion rolling and to keep the snowballing of ideas going.

I actually think your idea of taking hits is really good, i played a game before where i was a melee dps and the focus of my enemies attacks constantly, something to deter them from jumping straight in on you is always a welcome change.

so right now we are saying: PASSIVE: Each successful hit your champion receives increases attack speed AND armour by 4% max 8 stacks. this would make Warwick pretty buff you know @_@

EDIT: my major concern would be how overpowered it was, but the simple flaw here is that your passive is useless if u aren't taking hits, and lets face it, 5 v 1 it doesnt matter how many stacks u have you are dead.....

other than that i actually think this item isn't that bad.

Someone in another thread was talking about what niche's did new suggestions fill, and i think this one actually can play a role especially for squishy or melee DPS characters, especially depending on your situation, it could be a fairly effective yi counter as well.