dom elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

i keep seeing people talking about their high elo in dom... where can you see this or are they just talking out their ass?

HaIfhearted

11-09-2012

A while back, there were a few tools (Jabebot and Lolmatches) that let us pull our hidden Dominion matchmaking elo straight from the Riot servers.

Sadly, Riot has since "fixed" the way their servers handle that information to deny us from being able to access it, but we at least now know who is "high elo" in Dominion, and can roughly gauge where on the ladder people are once they start getting to the 1700-1800 range, based on who they see in their solo q games.

So no, we're not talking out of our asses when we say "Dominion elo", but you can't see it either.

Sauron

11-09-2012

LolMatches has the final frozen ladder of last known Elo ratings for Dominion before they hid the ratings completely on June 20. Hilariously, they did not close the actual exploit, just hid normal/odin ratings, and it is still possible to abuse these types of programs in ranked games to see opponent and team info.

Nowadays, most people use win difference (+50 to +100 will easily put you in high Elo) and summoner spells (number of revives and garrisons) they see their teammates using to make an estimate on their Dominion rating. People also sometimes make estimates based on who they encounter in solo queue that were ranked high on the old lolmatches ladder, but sometimes those people have been in queue for long periods of time (2+ hours) so it isn't an accurate method.

FluffyNeko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

When people don't take ghost.

wingstreet

11-10-2012

ic ic! that makes sense. i have 287W/273L is there a formula to figure out my ELO.

MVpmack

11-10-2012

You just had your question answered (the answer is no), but my guess would be 1500-1600, possibly higher depending on how you queue. If you solo, my guess is 1500-1600.

A better indicator is the number of revives and garrisons in your games and your queue time; I suspect that around 1700 elo you start getting 1 minute+ queue times in blind, you start seeing revive more frequently (typically 4+ revives in a game) and far more top tier champions.

At around 1900 queue time jumps up, and again sharply at 2k. Higher rated players can probably talk more about those brackets than me.

wingstreet

11-10-2012

ah, alright. i see garrison and revive often. :P i always solo q.