How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dynthos

11-05-2012

There is a report button, "Negative Attitude"

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Giving advice is useless. Nobody listens and if they are having "just a bad game" like they like to tell you then they should know what to do.

Just don't say anything in chat because you can get banned.

Noobgrenade

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvolcan View Post
That's cute and all, except, realistically, when you try to offer advice, you're usually greeted with "stfu nerd i play how i want"

What do you do then?
Report and move on.

Best LeeSinga NA

11-05-2012

Quote:
That's cute and all, except, realistically, when you try to offer advice, you're usually greeted with "stfu nerd i play how i want"

What do you do then?
get to plat like mister perfect

GiantEvilKitten

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

I love you.

xKillswitch

11-05-2012

Quote:

What do you do then?
I've adopted the...throw hands in the air and say **** it approach. Those people who build their characters like **** and come into ranked to "play how they want" are a million times more toxic than the person who called you bad for standing in front of the team trying to make plays as the adc.

Fallenour

11-05-2012

Quote:
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
that doesnt work and me and you both know it. People dont listen during games, they do bad, they panic, and they snowball under pressure. Most people simply cant handle pressure well, theres nothing wrong with it, most just arent used to it.

Next time do what I do, and suggest that they DO practice in a bot game, I say that legitly. Look at my record, I also follow my OWN advice (im learning ADC and APC since I main support and riot wont fix solo que rating system algos)

DontWeturself

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKillswitch View Post
This.

The only way to "carry" is to make calls and make plays, nothing is more aggravating than bad players who refuse to listen to someone on the team who is even making a conscious effort to try to win because "I don't think I have to listen to you"

No ADC who went bot lane with 5 missing at 30+ mins into the game, you are an idiot for farming 2 waves of minions and giving them baron for free.
we threw a game from our ADC ez grabbing all the buffs at the jungle for literally 6 minutes when we destroyed their turret and we were going after their inhib. Without our ADC and them having a decent Tanky CC team, we lost the fight and ez tried to 1 v 5 them and died. During this time I was pleading him to help us take the inhib and he refuse and after we died we pleaded for him to defend the nexus turrets, but instead he jumped at them and died in 4 seconds

Reskk

11-05-2012

Quote:

What do you do then?
Exactly it is like scolding a todler. If you are too soft they will feel empowered and fight back. You need to be somewhat harsh for people to listen. I'm not saying what I said was right, just that it is really frustrating when you try to honestly help people and you get the "stfu nerd i play how i want" response.

Nid is Cancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
Well i dont know about you but when i have my game thrown by people who have given up and im going to lose ELO for it, im not gonna try to help them. With that score, they have past taking advice. Sorry bud, but not everybody is a respected Rioter.

Plus, if they are doing that bad, i greatly doubt they will take that advice and say, "Thanks, we should play passive, because with them 23 kills ahead of us, the tower will still make an enormous difference!" No. They will tower dive them, keep getting fed. Jungler ganks? LOL OK BRO. Sure, underfed and probably negative score from ganking bot jungler goes bot, tries to kill a 25-2 lane. You then proceed to get 2v3ed and you get them ahead even more.

Seriously, you have to realize that after a lane like that, the bot lane would probably just be afk in base waiting for 20 minutes to come for the surrender.