The quest to 1500 elo (before tomorrow)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

collusion

11-05-2012

I'm just wondering has anyone gotten 1500 elo as SOLO que and not with a DUO que? I've been doing some number crunching and it's quite demoralizing. So far i've played about about 95 wins and 80 losses.(all solo que) standing at 1250 elo. Average elo gain per game is +15ish.

Meaning that you have to win roughly about 25 games in a row if you stand at 1200 elo now. Calculating variables such as disconnects,afking players and so fourth means that it's statistically impossible to get 1500 from 1200 elo as of now.. Now the average player getting 25 win in ranked in a row is highly unlikely. Now, if you win 25 games and lose 25 games, the chances of you being at 1200 elo still is still pretty slim to none, depending on your rating on if you sank below 1200 level.

Players that are currently 1350 elo + they will have to play and win 15 games in a row now. Not likely,. Players with a 1450 elo rating, must play and win about 5 games.(this is attainable).

In conclusion all players with a 1400 elo and below now solo que best of of luck too many games and not enough time to remaining your goal. Players stuck at 1450 elo (duo que up) increases your odds of reaching 1500 elo. Take into account that you will lose roughly 1-6 games guarantee in solo que due to a connection related issue ( that's on a good run)

adc

11-05-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post30451627

This is my post on gaining Elo. I started at 1277, am currently 1442, 1471 top Elo. I found that after I started playing AP mid, I climbed very quickly (won like 7 in a row). Got to 1471, dropped to 1410. Got to 1470, dropped to 1430. Got to 1470, dropped to 1442 and ragequit ranked.

The problem is that if you're legitimately a, say, 1500~ Elo player, you're not going to be able to win the games you need to because teams are just very very hard to carry. You get that guy who goes 0/8 top lane and then contributes nothing to the game past that.

collusion

11-05-2012

It's also why I'm curious if anyone in a solo que has reached 1500, from start to finished, within the period of 3 weeks ago till now. I've tried AP mid and support and jungle. My highest win ratio came from support followed by a close second ap mid carry. But you're right. I have lost games with a 20-3 score. Sometimes you need to be astronomically better than the other to to carry your team across the finish line. I've gone on 8-9 game win streaks but it's fair to say i've also had 8-9 game losing streaks. Early in the season i was able to reach a 1528 elo rating, but since then i haven't been able to gain my footing again. Over decay and the latest record keeping my high is like 1430.

SleepyCurry

11-05-2012

I started my ranked games at 800 elo, and gradually worked my way up. I'm a Korean, so when I went back home for summer my friends back home really improved my play on my main role (adc), and when I got back I was immediately able to increase my elo to 1400. From 1400 to 1508(my current elo) I played support, and tried to keep people calm and stop raging in the worst situations. You never know when you can get an ace out of the enemy team late game and that can lead to a victory, and playing support is one of the best ways to keep your teammates' mentality towards victory. Just play support from 1400 and say only the positive things, and try not to offend your teammates. Comments like "OMG stop feeding" wont help at all.

M4sterJ0e

11-05-2012

I read some of your climb to 1500 elo, AD Bottom. I think it's a cool idea to document ranked games, because you can keep notes on them and learn from them. I'll try that for the games I play after the soft elo reset tomorrow.

Bus Driver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

when exactly is the soft reset??

M4sterJ0e

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quionn View Post
when exactly is the soft reset??
I know the soft reset is tomorrow to kick off the preseason for Season 3, but if you're asking about the exact time, I'm not sure.

Blind Pick Hero

11-05-2012

I think I actually lost more with duos than solo on the way

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

I climbed my way from 1420 or so to gold, doing it in solo que.

I played jungle.

I haven't done ranked on my main since getting 1500 and gold.

Ask me anything

Popesta

11-06-2012

It's definitely possible. I went from 1200 elo to almost 1400 elo within a week playing exclusively mid. Granted that once I heard about the soft reset I stopped caring and started to just play with w/e and dropped back down to 1200. So it's definitely possible, you simply have to play according to the elo you belong (I was averaging something like 8-2 with 250+ cs with Kat)