An Armor / Attack Speed Item

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BayconLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsh1ong View Post
Lol yeah and then tryn builds this and comes out of the jungle like god after 20 mins
EDIT: I'm counting him building wriggles with this too btw
Yeah tryn would probably wreck with that, but I was just trying to thrown out the passive more than the item/stats. Just thinking of ideas that would increase single target junglers speed.

DrakThull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
Anyone else notice a bit of a void for this? On certain champions I'll be tapping my lip and be like "Man, I need armor, but if I don't get some attack speed, I kind of invalidate myself."

However, a high armor / attack speed item could be troublesome when dealing with AD carries, so the best way to solve this is having the item where the stats itself aren't worth the slot, but has a decent passive that wouldn't benefit a ranged as much. So, let's throw out some ideas.
-----------------

Coat of Arms
-Cloth Armor + Cloth Armor + Dagger + 650g
+44 armor
+25% Attack Speed

Unique Passive

Idea 1 - Taking damage increases attack speed by 4%, stacking up to 6 times. Lasts for 4 seconds.
Idea 2 - Increases attack speed by X%(Like .4%) per 1% health missing.
Idea 3 - Tenacity
idea 2 sounds a bit OP to me, imagine olaf with that and a bloodthirster and his passive going.... GG

DrakThull

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
Anyone else notice a bit of a void for this? On certain champions I'll be tapping my lip and be like "Man, I need armor, but if I don't get some attack speed, I kind of invalidate myself."

However, a high armor / attack speed item could be troublesome when dealing with AD carries, so the best way to solve this is having the item where the stats itself aren't worth the slot, but has a decent passive that wouldn't benefit a ranged as much. So, let's throw out some ideas.
-----------------

Coat of Arms
-Cloth Armor + Cloth Armor + Dagger + 650g
+44 armor
+25% Attack Speed

Unique Passive

Idea 1 - Taking damage increases attack speed by 4%, stacking up to 6 times. Lasts for 4 seconds.
Idea 2 - Increases attack speed by X%(Like .4%) per 1% health missing.
Idea 3 - Tenacity
idea 2 sounds a bit OP to me, imagine olaf with that and a bloodthirster and his passive going.... GG

kingsh1ong

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayconLife View Post
Yeah tryn would probably wreck with that, but I was just trying to thrown out the passive more than the item/stats. Just thinking of ideas that would increase single target junglers speed.
I think the issues with passives like this is that they help single target jungles sure, but they also help aoe junglers. I think single targets need more benefit in scalling rather than speed.

EntropyKC

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbane View Post
Why not make an item that builds from recurve bow and a chainvest, call it Templar's Ballista.
recipe - 660 gold +50%aspd + 55 armor
"Unique passive - Every time you get hit with a basic attack increase your attack speed by 10 percent, stacks up to 4 times."
90% AS on an item that costs ~2k gold?

Warbane

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyKC View Post
90% AS on an item that costs ~2k gold?
1050 + 700 + 660 = 2410
Your right it should be three stacks not 4, would be more balanced, but its price, isnt too little.
I just feel like this would give junglers a defensive farming item that carries into mid game.

VonsaberWulf

11-06-2012

Maybe instead of attack speed you have flat damage bonus with armor and a nice active.. This would help because not everyone wants to build Atmas or just don't benefit as much as other champs.

exe3

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Keep in mind what I said 'It looks like a good item. It feels like a good item.' This rings true even in development.

When we set out to make something - it's very easy for us to be convinced that something *is* a good item. Time only tells what happens after release though and whether the qualities we thought were important was actually good.

Basically, they looked like good ideas at the time and they felt like good ideas / tested okay but players are far more keen and they conduct far more tests.
Really? Ionic SPark feels like a terrible item to me. I want something to be proc'ing every autoattack not just every 4th.

Warbane

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
Really? Ionic SPark feels like a terrible item to me. I want something to be proc'ing every autoattack not just every 4th.
A fair way to make Ionic spark reasonable is every other attack, and make it so its damage is based off your level x 10 or something, so 60 damage at level 6 but 180 damage at level 18, a flat damage seems to strong at low level and far to weak at high level

Aethern

11-06-2012

I don't think there's a need for an item that necessarily has both of them. Both armor and AS are available without having useless stats on it.