An Armor / Attack Speed Item

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
snip
I kinda feel like MBR could easily just become the upgrade from Wriggle's (if that direction were to ever be considered). Otherwise yeah, MBR is kinda doing too much at once. Could easily remake it into an armor/ad/atkspd item of high value. End game bruiser/AD caster item if you will. No idea if it'd work, but could be fun or interesting.

Quote:
snip
I actually have to disagree with Spark being a bad niche item, as I've come to love the item on a few atkspd reliant champs (Volibear, perfect item for him). It's even seeing some use from champs like Shaco and Irelia. The use of the item is actually pretty decent, and is finally being realized as a fairly strong item. What makes it a bad niche item?

Maxillion

11-06-2012

Quote:
An item being niche is more often a bad thing that a good thing - unless the niche is readily identifiable at first glance - then the niche is okay. It's about how readily the niche communicates itself.

For example, Spirit Visage is a niche item built to cater characters with strong self-healing effects. That's probably fine as any character can look at that and go 'Well, no self-heals here, I can ignore that.'

Ionic Spark, however, is not a good niche item to have, mostly because it looks like a good item. It feels like a good item. And then 95% of the time, you're doing it wrong if you buy it.
What pisses me off is that you replaced Sword of the Divine with an item you now say is useless rather than changing the active of SotD

Ranger14

11-06-2012

40% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Warbane

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMaxillion View Post
What pisses me off is that you replaced Sword of the Divine with an item you now say is useless rather than changing the active of SotD
Couldn't agree more. Sword of the divine was one of the few items I thought felt balanced and reasonable, changing its active to "your attacks ignore 30 percent of your targets armor for 5 seconds." would make it competitive and fun imo.

Kazkal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Keep in mind what I said 'It looks like a good item. It feels like a good item.' This rings true even in development.

When we set out to make something - it's very easy for us to be convinced that something *is* a good item. Time only tells what happens after release though and whether the qualities we thought were important was actually good.

Basically, they looked like good ideas at the time and they felt like good ideas / tested okay but players are far more keen and they conduct far more tests.
Have you guys tryed removing the Crit from atma's and putting attack speed on there instead?

Toastbro

11-06-2012

Quote:
An item being niche is more often a bad thing that a good thing - unless the niche is readily identifiable at first glance - then the niche is okay. It's about how readily the niche communicates itself.

For example, Spirit Visage is a niche item built to cater characters with strong self-healing effects. That's probably fine as any character can look at that and go 'Well, no self-heals here, I can ignore that.'

Ionic Spark, however, is not a good niche item to have, mostly because it looks like a good item. It feels like a good item. And then 95% of the time, you're doing it wrong if you buy it.
clearly you have never seen on hit teemo. zerkers, spark, malady, phage, wits end, trinity, madreds.

Uilleam Uallas

11-06-2012

Quote:

I'd like to think some of us actually know when buying certain items is the right item to buy...

Banff

11-06-2012

Quote:
AS/AR is kind of a niche item primarily for bruisers who can autoattack. There isn't a whole lot of classes that would actually like such a stat.

So essentially, you'd be making an item for Lee Sin/Udyr/Shyv/Irelia - which immediately jumps at the question of 'Do they actually need this item?'

Currently, I'm at the opinion that while yes, there is a void here - it's probably an okay void to have unless we're somehow trying to make early armor viable on AD carries.

That said, in the jungle, attack speed / armor is really appealing on pretty much everyone who jungles - So if an item were to be made along these stat lines, the large bulk of the item's gold value would probably go towards being jungle-related to help autoattack bruisers transition better into the mid / late game, rather than a lane dominance item with AS/AR.
Why the adherence to popular opinion or are you telling us how to play? Is LOL so predictable now that we can classify everyone into basic groups and what they must build?

What if .... We just wanted more armor because the enemy team has lots of physical and more attack speed because we feel like auto attacking??? Or should we just do like everyone else does all the time every game......

RIP attack speed lulu.

BayconLife

11-06-2012

Quote:
That said, in the jungle, attack speed / armor is really appealing on pretty much everyone who jungles - So if an item were to be made along these stat lines, the large bulk of the item's gold value would probably go towards being jungle-related to help autoattack bruisers transition better into the mid / late game, rather than a lane dominance item with AS/AR.
So in terms of jungle-related AS/AR items are there chances we will see something similar to wriggles with the upcoming changes? Or any other jungle heavy items?

Such as:
Elvar's Shredder
Dagger + Cloth Armor + 280g
+ 20% AS
+ 23 AR
Unique Passive: Your basic attacks against minions and monsters have a 20% chance to deal 175 physical damage in a small AoE (200?)

Which could build into:
Elvar's Gauntlets
Elvar's Shredder + Health Crystal + 125g
+ 20% AS
+ 23 AR
+ 200 Health

Unique Passive: Your basic attacks against minions and monsters have a 30% chance to deal 175 physical damage in a small AoE (200?)

Unique Active: Places an invisible Sight Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes (3 minute cooldown).

kingsh1ong

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayconLife View Post
So in terms of jungle-related AS/AR items are there chances we will see something similar to wriggles with the upcoming changes? Or any other jungle heavy items?

Such as:
Elvar's Shredder
Dagger + Cloth Armor + 280g
+ 20% AS
+ 23 AR
Unique Passive: Your basic attacks against minions and monsters have a 20% chance to deal 175 physical damage in a small AoE (200?)

Which could build into:
Elvar's Gauntlets
Elvar's Shredder + Health Crystal + 125g
+ 20% AS
+ 23 AR
+ 200 Health

Unique Passive: Your basic attacks against minions and monsters have a 30% chance to deal 175 physical damage in a small AoE (200?)

Unique Active: Places an invisible Sight Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes (3 minute cooldown).

Lol yeah and then tryn builds this and comes out of the jungle like god after 20 mins
EDIT: I'm counting him building wriggles with this too btw