My Thoughts About The New Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hud Stud

11-05-2012

Old Twisted Treeline:

The Good:

1. Dragon. I liked having dragon on this map. Fighting for dragon was important, and happened many times in one match. The outcome of fighting for dragon usually meant one team got a good jump on the other team.

2.Wards. Now I am unsure about wards yet. It was nice having wards to use strategically, but on the other hand not having them allows for faster gameplay. Since I like strategy, I'll say they were good for TT.

3. Flash-able Walls. Besides the main base wall (backdooring) I like how you could utilize the map for either ganking or escaping. You simply flash over a wall and you get the edge on the enemy.

4. Madred's Bloodravor. Now I know this is quite specific BUT this item helped a lot of attack speed champions take down those beefy tanks and/or bruisers. With out it, Health champions almost always triumph over them in the end. (Poor Teemo)

The Bad:

1. Unfair. Anyone who has played on Twisted Treeline knows this, some champions on TT are just overpowered. Some examples include Singed, Lee Sin, and Jax (personal opinion).

2. Bottom Bush. I always found it silly that people fought for first blood in the bottom bush, but that isn't the maps fault is it?

3. Bases. One base you could kill minions with easily and one base hardly shot anything. Nuff said.

4. Turtling. I have done this so many times it isn't even funny. And it isn't fun either. Yes, it might win you the game, but it took an hour and a half! Major issue that I am glad they got rid of.

New Twisted Treeline:

The Good:

1. Alters. The are fun, new and important. They cause players to leave lane so that they can get some extra gold and possibly damage. This increases competitiveness and challenge, which I love

2. Turtling. It is gone!!!! Hip Hip Hurray! Yeah turtling sucked.

3. Base: Can't use base to kill minions.

4. Vilemaw. The Spider is a new and exciting boss that is very scary. It does so much damage! lol

5. The Speed Glyph. Eh, it isn't really that important but I guess it is a good thing. You run through it and POOF you run faster lol. Most cases when i'm going through that I am being chased anyways soooo...

6. More Competitive. Faster paced, Quicker ganking, and no wards. Is this a good thing? Idk yet.

The Bad:

1. Bias. I am a die hard Old school Twisted Treeline fan. The old map had many issues but some of the stuff I liked, and it's not here anymore. So I am biased :P

2. Vilemaw. TOO strong for competitive play. The only times I ever attempt to kill this hell of a boss is maybe around lvl 16-18. With the Dragon people would be fighting over it all day! But with the new Vilemaw, It usually only happens once a game.

3. Alters. I personally don't like them all that much. It definately makes the new TT more competitive but it has happened so many times where one side rushes the enemy alter, gets it, and gets there own alter, and is forever ahead of the other team for the rest of the game. Just annoying sometimes :P

4. Unfair. Riot did a damn good job implementing new items and such to make unfair champions less unfair on the new TT, BUT I feel that some champions are still just unfair on this map. Draft Mode? lol I'm just kidding, Twisted Treeline "doesn't" have enough popularity T.T

5. Too many bushes? I am unsure about this but because of so many bushes through out the map, I feel as if champions who can utilize bushes become slightly overpowered. ex. Rengar.

This is my opinion about Twisted Treeline. I love Twisted Treeline and will continue to play 3v3 matches until the end of time, no matter what Riot decides to do with it!

Die-Hard Twisted Treeline fan out!

The Swaggarnaut

11-05-2012

I love wards unlike most people i buy the **** out of them just so my team cant blame the match on me cause i forger mias alot of the time lol

Nykidemus

11-05-2012

I dont know about you, but I feel like new treeline promotes even LESS champion diversity than the old one. With the new itemization bruisers are even more crazy-pants face-rape. There's a Riven and a darius in every ****ing game.

Also, Turtling in the old map was a GOOD thing, imo. It made the game have a potential late-game. The new map every game is decided as soon as one team gets 2-3 kills head of the other, because there is NO safety. The towers are a joke, I've seen people dive almost to the fountain for kills.

Bring back old Treeline.

Hud Stud

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykidemus View Post
I dont know about you, but I feel like new treeline promotes even LESS champion diversity than the old one. With the new itemization bruisers are even more crazy-pants face-rape. There's a Riven and a darius in every ****ing game.

Also, Turtling in the old map was a GOOD thing, imo. It made the game have a potential late-game. The new map every game is decided as soon as one team gets 2-3 kills head of the other, because there is NO safety. The towers are a joke, I've seen people dive almost to the fountain for kills.

Bring back old Treeline.
I have also had this happen where they can push through towers in no time at all. So balancing definitely does need to happen. But personally I found turtling just boring. You would be winning and the other team would just stop trying and turtle, and ultimately win sometimes.

I also see loads of darius' and Riven's. I guess bruisers will forever be OP in Twisted Treeline :/

Nykidemus

11-05-2012

Right, having there be some potential for coming back from being behind is GOOD.

If you've got hard map control you have the advantage of being able to farm way better than your opponents, you get all the buff mobs, and you control the dragon. That is entirely enough of a big deal. If you get outplayed by folks who are hanging out in their fountain all day, despite your heavy gold and buffs advantage, more power to them.

BeenTouched

11-06-2012

I randomly found this threat. My favorite champion is Ezreal. My favorite map is (was) Twisted Treeline. I play EZ with Trinity/thirster (loved maxin that out for pwnage Q pokes). Now,with the last patch. These are issues:
- Trinity - small nerf to ranged slow; somewhat negligible.
- Ez's W - No longer applies AS debeuff - ..
- Thirster (in 3s) - No longer begins stacking until in combat and for short duration - WTF..what about champs who get that but dont build AS like other ranged carries (the way i build ez).
- Lastly, and most importantly, - The map just is not at all the same. No more tricks with E. No more fun.

Sorry for my biased rant.

Hud Stud

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenTouched View Post
I randomly found this threat. My favorite champion is Ezreal. My favorite map is (was) Twisted Treeline. I play EZ with Trinity/thirster (loved maxin that out for pwnage Q pokes). Now,with the last patch. These are issues:
- Trinity - small nerf to ranged slow; somewhat negligible.
- Ez's W - No longer applies AS debeuff - ..
- Thirster (in 3s) - No longer begins stacking until in combat and for short duration - WTF..what about champs who get that but dont build AS like other ranged carries (the way i build ez).
- Lastly, and most importantly, - The map just is not at all the same. No more tricks with E. No more fun.

Sorry for my biased rant.
I somewhat agree! It was fun being able to flash or blink or w/e over walls for amazing ganks and cool finishing moves.