Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

bioforge darius - bugs and feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LimitlessChaos

11-05-2012

Quote:
Zerglinator:
Main point I want to make: His passive stack indicator (the blood drops) should be changed, maybe to a green drop or something. It would make the skin feel whole.

This is the only aesthetic feedback/commentary I'd make as well.

Also, his ultimate particle should probably be changed a bit. It's just kind of strange with the rocky blood burst AND the green gas coming from his model. I am going to guess that it's close to release so there probably won't be any new assets made (green thing for his hemorrhage stacks or ult particle) but that's how I feel and I think those are the only aesthetic changes that'd make the skin more worth the price tag since his only other skin right now is just a model change with no animation or particle changes. I suppose color / particle changes also make it more consistent since even his eyes are green; it's kind of strange for the solid mesh of green/black to have red and rocky brown pop up at times; it's strange to my eyes and feels off. Major palette changes/contrasts tend to do that for me though; so maybe it's not an artistic flaw or whathaveyou but just a problem of mine. Either way, the skin is mostly fantastic but those particle changes would help it.

In terms of bugs I can't tell you if I've noticed anything that happens to everyone but I can tell you that the backpack does not always work when I use the skin. That is, his various glowing parts usually glow and show flow but the two spinning lids/cannisters on his back don't always turn though a particle is still made around him and in his armor/axe.

But...I don't know enough to say if that's a problem since I don't know if the turning is always supposed to animate or if it's tied to a specific event.

Aside from that, it looks and behaves how I think it should and I haven't done enough playing with it to know if it's breaking the game.

Hakobo

11-06-2012

Hey, thanks for making a skin for my favorite champion.

However, even though I think the concept of Bioforge Darius is great, I feel the actual execution of it is a bit on the weak side. I wish there was a little bit more use of particle effects, either subtle or whatever you think.

Also, Instead of the green blood drop idea people are suggesting, how about they radiate an intense green color instead... meaning Darius radiation poisoned them! That'd be so cool. Besides, blood isn't green.

I just feel there's a few more things that could make this skin really special. Even a little respirator might be an interesting concept.

Just some ideas.

Redeemed Rivên

11-06-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31102210#post31102210

Echorion

11-06-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2763433&highlight=darius
A bunch of feedback in this thread as well.

Personally I thought it was just his classic skin but green instead of red.

I had to go into a model viewer program to actually see that it was different.
The bio green stuff on his back is seemingly there for no reason, I am in agreement about the green blood effects or something like that being done.
The gas-smask would help strike a more unique look as well. Perhaps a filtered voice to go with it like some other champ skins have gotten?
His weapon needs to be more unique, and some more to his base armor to make him stand out (It is actually more basic than his classic skin! )

Finn the Human

11-06-2012

Quote:
BaneRain:
^^^^

Yeah I agree. I also want to suggest some sort of gas mask helmet or something. Might be impossible to implement it in time but I feel it would complete him.

They removed Diana's head mask in a weeks time under everyone's noses.

CrispyCoffee

11-06-2012

In my opinion. he needs a gas mask or something to go along with the gas tanks on his back

BaneRain

Recruiter

11-06-2012

Quote:
Tons of ƒapping:
They removed Diana's head mask in a weeks time under everyone's noses.

Removing something is easier than creating something.

ChipChopCho

11-06-2012

Imo he needs something on hes head,other than that the skin is very good.

And btw at least for me,it makes no sense to make the bleed green,because the blood from the opponents is red...(I assume that at least).

Nekoh

11-06-2012

I agree with many people that there should be some sort of head-gear, as Darius' head seems to small for the bulkiness of the armor. Also; the cape seems to clash pretty evidently.

I think the bleed effect would be fine either way, as red or green.

My only real issue would be that the armor lacks any kind of detail, really. It needs some grooves, or design, or something, in my opinion.

Darkkor

Recruiter

11-06-2012

Make his bleed green??? ;D