Will there ever be a new 5v5 map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-05-2012

I've been playing league for over a year now and am curious if there will ever be different 5v5 map. I'm not asking for a new game type such as dominion, but a new map with a new size, new buffs etc. but considered to be just as competitive. I don't want a new skin for a map but an alternate brand new map that switch in and out with the current summoner's rift map.
Does anyone know if there are any current plans for this?

Germanking66

11-05-2012

I don't know about current plans, but I have always wanted to see another 5v5 map. One with perhaps interactable terrain and traps or perhaps where which side you start out on actually effects the play of the people on it. Like a difference of purple and blue other than just their postion and different symmetry. God help the people who try to make this map, though. It sounds kind of hard to make.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-05-2012

Its not that I think it would be hard to make a new map. But for people to accept it as competitive is the hard part.

M4ster J0e

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Poker Guy View Post
Its not that I think it would be hard to make a new map. But for people to accept it as competitive is the hard part.
I agree.

I think there is just too much to factor in when designing a new map. If you look at Summoner's Rift, it's very evident that Riot thought a lot about everything: blue vs purple side advantages, buff placement and jungle wall design, brush placement, base design, etc, all catering to the competitive aspect of LoL. Essentially, if Riot made a new 5v5 map, they would create a different kind of competitive LoL.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-05-2012

I imagine so, probably. I mean, after all: Dominion.

MitchhStrikee

11-05-2012

Look up magma chamber onn google, that was suppose to be the nnew map, but i think it got scrapped for dominion instead

BlueVertigo

11-05-2012

They think that adding another map is sort of adding another format so it will fragment the player base. They dont see it like most of us that adding in similar format but different layout maps would help keep the 5v5 format fresh. I personally think they are losing players that they could of kept with new maps but I guess with the popularity of the game they aren't too concerned.

Ipse Ancora

11-05-2012

I don't really think there is much talk of a new alternate 5v5 map, but it sure is a good idea. If they do make a new map i hope they have lots of player input like a contest of who can design the most epic map.

BTKblowout

12-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4ster J0e View Post
I agree.

I think there is just too much to factor in when designing a new map. If you look at Summoner's Rift, it's very evident that Riot thought a lot about everything: blue vs purple side advantages, buff placement and jungle wall design, brush placement, base design, etc, all catering to the competitive aspect of LoL. Essentially, if Riot made a new 5v5 map, they would create a different kind of competitive LoL.

too bad they didn't make this map. And it is from warcraft3

laxjoh

12-18-2013

Instead of making a new 5v5, map how about a free for all map? Just to test it out even. I'd like to see that definitely.