Changes in penalties for leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrBillyHorrible

11-05-2012

Ok, so I just got out of another ranked game where I've had a leaver on my team, 5th one in a row with a leaver in it (either team), and I have once again some to the conclusion that we need to change the penalties received for leaving a game.

I think that if a game is lost 4v5, and a player has disconnected, the losing teams elo reduction should be counted as if it was an actual 4v5, where you would subtract the DCed player's elo from the teams elo. This way the losing team would lose less, and the winning team would win less as would be appropriate for a 4v5 situation.

I also propose that the DC should lose extra elo based on the difference between what the team lost 4v5 and what they would have lost 5v5.

In Explanation: Team A has a DC vs Team B
Team A's connected players lose 5 elo as opposed to say 10 for a full 5v5
Team A's Dced player loses the full 10 plus an additional 20 because they take on the additional 5 elo loss from the 4 connected players, resulting in a loss of 30 elo for the dc.

That is the main point I'm trying to get across, the winning team could keep elo gains as normal, but I do think the losing teams elo should be changed in this manner. I believe that doing so will greatly reduce leavers in ranked games.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-05-2012

I really wish people would at least skim the first page of threads before they posted a new thread on the same topic.

DrBillyHorrible

11-05-2012

I really wish people would only post with useful Ideas, leavers in ranked is a problem that needs to be fixed, and as far as I can see there is no other thread similar to this one.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBillyHorrible View Post
as far as I can see there is no other thread similar to this one.
Then use the search feature. This gets posted about literally every day.

JIRK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Well at least its well explained like he has a brain xD

solustein

11-06-2012

yea thats a great idea and everything but nothing works the way you want bud, life happens and u need to go and you seriously think we should be punished? yes if it happens consistently over and over all in one day then yes im all for it. but personally i dont like the idea of being punished because i lost connection cause my cat pulled the plug or something.