(FACTIONS) Noxus versus Ionia: Shape the storyline through matches!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2014

Greetings, Summoners!

I think lore has its greatest impact when fused with gameplay.

About a year ago, I started Factions, a community-powered game mode in which Summoners declare for a faction (such as Noxus) and fight matches using faction-specific Champion rosters. The outcomes of these matches shape the course of an ongoing storyline. We've completed three interconnected storylines and are now on our fourth. So far, thousands of Summoners have signed up, and over 500 matches have been fought.

We've just finished the first tournament of our fourth major storyline, Shon-Xan.

I invite you all to consider signing up! Signing up doesn't obligate you to play any particular matches, but allows you to start or join a match anytime, and to take part in interactive lore events, such as this one from a previous storyline.

For more information, visit the sign-up thread linked below. I'll also happily answer questions here.

Sign-Up Thread
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3248130

Site
www.leaguefactions.net

Overview of Factions Lore to Date
http://leaguefactions.wordpress.com/storyline/

Terra Booma

02-11-2014

You mind if I ask you what champs are in what groups at this current time? (The ones I play anyway)

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Booma View Post
You mind if I ask you what champs are in what groups at this current time? (The ones I play anyway)
Sure. We're working on a site redesign that will make that more visible online.

The current storyline is Noxus versus Ionia. The current Champion lists are:

IONIA
Ahri, Akali, Irelia, Karma, Kennen, Lee Sin, Master Yi, Shen, Soraka, Udyr, Varus, Wukong, Yasuo

NOXUS
Cassiopeia, Darius, Draven, Katarina, LeBlanc, Morgana, Riven, Sion, Sivir, Swain, Talon, Urgot, Vladimir

Terra Booma

02-12-2014

Alright, I singed up for Noxus, but I only play Talon.

I clearly got this.

CupcakeTrap

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Booma View Post
Alright, I singed up for Noxus, but I only play Talon.

I clearly got this.
Welcome to the fight, Summoner! BLOOD FOR NOXUS

CupcakeTrap

02-18-2014

So I've just finished uploading all Factions story updates so far onto LeagueFactions.net. It can now be accessed through the Storyline tab.

The storyline tab itself now links to an overview of the Factions saga to date:

http://leaguefactions.wordpress.com/storyline/

Together, this forms a storyline created through gameplay, with the matches Summoners have fought and the difficult decisions they've made determining the course of events. I think that's pretty cool.