Jax vs. Lee Sin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jawanga

11-05-2012

I've found differing opinions on who wins this top lane matchup. Originally, I thought Lee Sin beat Jax by quite a margin pre-6 (much closer post-6), but I recently played this matchup as Jax, and I was doing much better than expected. I think I could've completely won if I took Ignite+Flash, but I took TP+Ghost, as I was looking to just farm and not lose lane.

Here's why I think Lee Sin can destroy Jax:

First and foremost, Lee Sin's E. Movespeed and Attack Speed are pretty huge for Jax, makes it difficult for Jax to trade.

Second, Lee is very mobile. If I try to jump and stun him, he can W away to a minion, making my stun useless. This can be timed so that the stun does land, so this one is more up to level of skill on the players.

Third, Lee has innate sustain where as Jax does not. W up and just life steal the health back.

To cap it off, Lee can spam his abilities because he uses energy rather than mana. And he can restore it faster through autos. Jax can run out of mana somewhat quickly if using his full QWE combo.

So what's the consensus on this matchup? Rather difficult for me to discern :l

Qrypton

11-05-2012

late game jax scales better than lee sin, jax will win 1v1 against lee sin lategame. maybe it was just the opponent u played?

Jawanga

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrypton View Post
late game jax scales better than lee sin, jax will win 1v1 against lee sin lategame. maybe it was just the opponent u played?
I'm talking more about laning phase though, so who wins lane?

Back 9 Bandit

11-05-2012

Tbh i rarely lose my lane as jax to anybody. I just know my limits and just farm farm farm, usually once i get my boots-bilgewater i can't lose due to my sustain and damage.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Jax must stick to his target to win 1v1. Lee Sin is one of the hardest champs to "stick" to. Jax should be farming and ignoring Sin for the first few levels. There is really no reason for Jax to try and 1v1 Sin early game.

Qc tinmoncriss

11-06-2012

i play jax top with surge + exaust/ignite.
Jax before 6 will have an hard time but after, he will beat lee sin so easily.
But with surge you can beat almost any champ pre 6 even lee sin.
Mostly depends on summoner spell pre 6 anyway.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qc tinmoncriss View Post
i play jax top with surge + exaust/ignite.
Jax before 6 will have an hard time but after, he will beat lee sin so easily.
But with surge you can beat almost any champ pre 6 even lee sin.
Mostly depends on summoner spell pre 6 anyway.
Y would u play top lane with no escape? Jax's escape is not reliable..

lordbaiter

11-06-2012

I played this earlier today as lee-sin and i felt as if i was stronger than jax pre lvl 6. I killed him 1v1 although i waited for him to blow through mana pool. However we went at it again at lvl 7 and he killed me 1v1. Playing this match up as lee sin, I would suggest poking as much as possible and jumping out with w before stun. Make jax burn as much mana as possible before trying to go all-in on him. I feel like jax with a good amt of mana wins the matchup. However the jax i was playing tried to freeze lane which allowed for me to steal their red and jungle and pick up kills. Which is what i would suggest doing as he will continue to outscale as both champions grow in levels.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-06-2012

Jax doesn't have to win lane phase to win the game. As long as Jax can keep up on farm with Lee Sin (and Lee Sin doesn't really have a way of shutting Jax out that I can see), then Jax will just beat Lee Sin in every phase of the game.

Even if you slow Jax's attack speed, his Q and W still hurt. Moreover, Jax wins trade mostly because his E deflects so much damage, not because his auto-attacks hurt so much. Push E, Q in, W, walk away. Trade won.

StrmCkr

11-07-2012

it completely comes down to how jax/lee initiates the engagement coupled with how they build and timing of skills and speciifically what order they go off in.

if jax leaps lee has the upper hand he can land Q R and befor jax lands for the strike then Q E coupled with auto attacks dropping jax down very quickly forcing a stun in which case lee can W away avoiding the stun then repeat the combo of Q E Q and win

both players can either shield or leap in response to the others leap/dash dragging each other close or into the towers. {which is fun}

post 6 jax must watch where he is positioned on the map lee can shield or reasoning strike or even flash behind and put jax under his turret and secure an easy kill.

if lee Q - Q or W to ward/mionin
jax can stun leap combo as lee connects or gets close enough to stun then lee is in trouble and must either R to knock him back or w to safety in which case jax just performs the leap stun again and lee is in trouble.

however
{if lee knows how to stack cast, he can bait the stun with a q +{qW} which makes reasoning strike still connect but lee doesn't dash, then walk/flash ect in for tempest auto attacks followed with combo
repeat

most agree that a late game lee doesn't scale very well but that's as most build him almost pure tanky -dps { mid range damage no Armour pen nothing} high sustain but no real burst threat in a 1 v 1 in these cases jax has more damage constant pressure from stun and usually will win.

however
more fragile pesduo glass cannon builds will rip apart 3k heath even with 200+ Armour in 1 full combo,but careful engagement must be considered if u have edge/surprise u win before he can react
jax can kill these builds just as quickly as it needs less attack combo cycles to kill you....

so it is a coin toss.

ive have killed instantly many jax players fully build and feed late game vrs my lee:

lee simply burst too fast and for a lot more damage where jax needs sustained attacks to deal equivalent damage {in my builds}

in normal builds lee burst for decent damage and has solid constant damage but jax's stun and dodge avoids most of this coupled with his higher damage he should easily win vrs these builds.

really it comes down to skill of the players and skill ordering for this match up they both are on equal ground post lvl 6, however lee does have higher burst and tricks pre 6 for damage escapes ect.

i do give the edge to lee if a players can use stack casting, {as far as i know, jax cant do this}