Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Simple Request for Game-Casters of E-Sports Play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daleo88

11-05-2012

Not sure where to post this but figured I'd give this a shot.

First off - I love to see LoL pushing the limits of e-sports, I enjoy watching the games however I am not a die-hard follower, more of a study-break kind of person.

That being said, every time I watch the game, I find it extremely ineffective to hear:
"OMG xPeke is diving the turret to get a kill on Westrice".

I think this type of casting - which uses player names - is great for avid fans (as it is for hockey and other high pace sports) but really makes it a bit tougher to watch for people who don't know a ton about the game or players. This is especially true for people who watch on the free-to-watch streams where the player names are hard to read on the sides.

I believe that replacing it with
"OMG Karthus is diving the turret to get a kill on Akali" makes the game much more available for a wider population of viewers and is possibly something the casters who announce for a program trying to expand its audience should consider.

The bottom line is that I can get by, and I'm not whining - but its a huge advantage that LoL has an eSport has over other sports and eSports is to offer the entertainment to a wider range of viewers by making it easier to catch on, and it is neglected.

Just a thought =P