Legal use of League art

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grey Aven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

This may be a stupid question, and I have tried to find the answer by doing many searches and reading over the league of legends terms of use but I still dont know.

Can players have third party companies print something with league art on it?

For example can I pay a printing company to print a league splash art on a play mat. Or is this against Riots terms of use of their content. I just want to know. I am pretty sure I can not do this, but maybe riot is lax with there terms of use in this regard, though I doubt it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Admiral Ackbro

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Aven View Post
For example can I pay a printing company to print a league splash art on a play mat. Or is this against Riots terms of use of their content. I just want to know. I am pretty sure I can not do this, but maybe riot is lax with there terms of use in this regard, though I doubt it.
Usually reading the Terms of Use helps.It states what is ok for you do and what you cannot do. Nine times our of ten no company cares if you use their art for a mousepad or what not (as long as you are personally using it). But if you're going to make a mousepad and try and sell it then you get into legal mumbo jumbo.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/legal/termsofuse