Preseason: State of the Game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inuzanryu

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleSugarWater View Post
Blizzard take notes from Riot
This is something I've so wondered why they aren't doing. WoW isn't even as popular as LoL is now because of their bad policies.

Myestro

11-05-2012

there should be a teamspeak feature! that would be awesome, so everyone won't have to skype

Warlord Buwberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

/Sigh. All these great new changes coming to every game type except Dominion. We have a great high elo community that has proven it's ready for ranked play, but still not even a word about it. Ranked solo/duo/teams dominion would bring 1000's of people to play dominion, because all 99% of players care about is their ELO and since dom has no ELO, nobody wants to play it, because nobody can see their progress. Just plz stop giving false hope to the dominion community and say you don't care, it's better then leading us on hoping that one day we can sit at a live tourney and play for you guys live, because dom games are incredible at high elo(proven by the "1" twitch.tv spotlight where the Dominate Dom stream reached 6k viewers on the 1st attempt) where there is actually a meta(aka the high elo dom community has figured out how to deal with the op's.)

Steven Segal

11-05-2012

Still waiting for the Himerdinger update......:/

Also if players were able to hear and speak , not see it would be a great update gameplay wise.

nicgarza1986

TrollingforApple

11-05-2012

Please release a new map. Like MAGMA CHAMBER! I mean, any day now that would be nice.

Gludo

11-05-2012

Yeah in game teamspeak would be really helpful and encourage people to communicate more, the only downfall to that is you could have someone screaming in your ear, but a mute button would remedy that. League has come a long way and its improvement is quite noticable, keep up the good work. Have you guys every thought of doing something PvE oriented with league of legends? The format of the game would make it a first of its kind (that I've seen), or like a single/multi player storyline for characters, and making like in-depth fights like a baron nashor on steroids for these PvE oriented games? I know league is all about PvP but, if you could trully add PvE to the scenario you just made league of legends that much more versatile a game. I dunno, this is also coming from a WoW junkie I just think about doing big epic quest and fights sometimes with the league game engine and see it being pretty fun.

Doctor Swole

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
There's a few we need to fix (like the ones you mention), but 58 aren't all the good champs, they're the ones that were used. I think the game is pretty well-balanced, with a few people who are really poor overall. It doesn't mean we're done with it (actually we never can be/will be/want to be), but I think the statistics for a single tournament are pretty good.

I don't like the "well since I can name some poor champions, the game is poorly balanced" thing because it's like saying "humanity is going extinct because sometimes people die from diseases." Lee mid was viable in worlds, for example, just wasn't used till MLG. There's more being discovered all the time.
let's be honest morello, as someone who works on LoL fulltime i can see how it would be hard to admit you are wrong.

58 champs being viable is good relative to LoL because for a long time LoL didnt even have 58 champs. It only seems reasonable that as more champions are released the fill more niches more champs will be played. basically if 58 champs were viable when there were 58 champs then that's incredible. but 58 out of 110 is not incredible.

But as a % you have ~45% of champs not being played. That'd be like starcraft one having an entire race be unplayable.

and furthermore just as there are champs that are hidden gems, there are champs that are overrated and thus speculation is a terrible argument to make. for example xerath remained unchanged and he went from top tier competitively to unpicked.

58 out of 110 means almost half of your product is defective. Or not up to par. I understand balancing is difficult but you are failing to achieve amazing balance for whatever reason. I dont really wish to argue about whether new champions help or hurt your balance but it is my belief they do. irregardless the end result is this, half your champs are not worthy to be played at a tourny level and there are clear flaws in them.

LoL has existed for 3 or 4 years and the progress balance-wise is disappointing. Sure you've gotten rid of major outliers like old ezreal or old kat but you also have to keep in mind that at this point, LoL has the most underpowered champions at any moment in the game

blight231

11-05-2012

Thank you for continuing to update the game and the art and graphics of the old characters. I feel you really can enjoy all this game has to offer for free. There isn't another game that offers that. I do have a few suggestions though.

1. New maps :
The remake of twisted treeline was awesome but please dont stop there !

2. Different game modes :
Dominion is really the only alternative to crystal scar, ( and twisted treeline is kind of like a mini crystal scar with a few twists ) I would like to see some different game modes as well that are objective based

3. An acheivement system:
This would really add a ton of fun to the game if players could earn acheivements for acheiving certain tasks or goals. This is probably on alot of peoples minds.

LiterallyDraven

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNoireau View Post
I like this sentence : " We introduced some unforgettable new champions"

UNFORGETTABLE

Yea....... ;P
I dont know why but i burst out laughing after i read this and all my water came through my nose.. Im weird /:

a yummy entree

11-05-2012

do we get skins to commemorate season 2 participation? and ty for making this great game