Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason: State of the Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XDesimus

11-05-2012

Tomorrow TM... lol jk, excellent game. I'm even debating not getting Halo or COD because i know ill just keep playing league lol

Aelkob

11-05-2012

Playing for almost two years since my wife hook me into the summoners rift! Thanks for such an awesome game guys! SUPER HYPED to see whats next on S3

GL HF!

... I HATE YOU Shaco!

Jaxsyn

11-05-2012

also can I make a suggestion? in solo/duo que make it to where you gain or lose elo based on your performance and not that of the team... by all means don't make it to where you gain 15 elo if your team loses but if you do well like 26/5/17 and are doing things to benefit your team and your teammates that can override your vote to not quit decide to vote 4-1 on surrender I don't feel you should lose elo because your teammates are qq'ers and quit. either that or make it to where in solo/duo que that it has to be a unanimous decision to surrender not a 4-1. I have lost so much elo from this factor that 3-5 deaths have happened and they give up. I am tired of this being the case as to why people 1. see me as a bad player or 2. I am playing in terrible match ups.

-edit

Yes I do have bad matches sometimes but I still try to come back.

Nzo

11-05-2012

Where are the remakes to the old legendary skins that are currently look amateurish in comparison to current skin releases that are half the price?

Obsidion

Recruiter

11-05-2012

YES! I AM SO PUMPED FOR S3! I'm going for Diamond this season!

EroniDaGiant

Recruiter

11-05-2012

Thank you for the game, its fun and family friendly. I appreciate it.

Dreggon

11-05-2012

Absolutely tiny chance that you'll see this, but...

Quote:
Tryndamere:

You can expect more great community events and content, from live events like PAX

Will this include PAX Australia? As a person who isn't an American, this would make me very happy.

PAX Draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaven. He can be shirtless, like all Australian men. He throws crocodiles. Do it Riot.

Mmimzy

11-05-2012

Morello i can't wait. I need the big fat juicy steak that is League news!!

Exquisitize

11-05-2012

Quote:
Jaxsyn:
also can I make a suggestion? in solo/duo que make it to where you gain or lose elo based on your performance and not that of the team... by all means don't make it to where you gain 15 elo if your team loses but if you do well like 26/5/17 and are doing things to benefit your team and your teammates that can override your vote to not quit decide to vote 4-1 on surrender I don't feel you should lose elo because your teammates are qq'ers and quit. either that or make it to where in solo/duo que that it has to be a unanimous decision to surrender not a 4-1. I have lost so much elo from this factor that 3-5 deaths have happened and they give up. I am tired of this being the case as to why people 1. see me as a bad player or 2. I am playing in terrible match ups.

-edit

Yes I do have bad matches sometimes but I still try to come back.

Yeah, let's all expect riot to formulate some kind of complex equation to evaluate all 10 players in a ranked queue individually and fairly and then somehow assign an elo gain or loss to them.
^ This could be possible IF (that's if in all capitals) different roles weren't expected to get different scores. Would you want a 0-10-20 ad carry? Hell. No. Would you want a 0-10-20 support blowing his money on wards and oracles? Yeah, I would.
This is way too complex.
You could have people plug in an equation they wanted to be evaluated by, a different equation for each role.
Problem. This requires Riot to stick each and every champion with roles that they think are viable, essentially suffocating the player base and forcing a metagame which is the LAST thing a moba wants to do.
Essentially, the "qqers" that you deal with are a very real problem with no easy solution. The solo queue ladder is balanced based on the fact that over a large amount of games the amount of times these "qqers" are on your team, and the amount of times the "qqers" are on the enemy team essentially balance each other. Therefore, it is your own personal skill that EVENTUALLY carves out your elo.

Oh, also. I can get a ton of kills with someone like kat. It doesn't mean it's not my fault I lose if I essentially suicide into 5 of them and let them force baron as 5. I can get a ton of farm with someone like teemo or chogath. It doesn't mean I did anything for the team if all I do is push top, letting my team 4v5 the entire game. I can die repeatedly as leona or janna. It doesn't mean that I didn't coordinate and initiate successful team fights at the price of my own life.

YouGetOwnedNow

11-05-2012

Oceanic server plox