Is Lifesteal and attack speed viable to sustain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skelator84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Hey all, long time player, first time poster.
A little background to this post. The first ADC I played and was good with was twisted fate. Since then he has been relegated to AP because of range change and some others. I have also since then moved on from ADC and kind of feel like I suck at that role.

BUT I got nostalgic and got the underworld TF skin and want to try to make him viable ADC with some unorthodox build.

Anyways, my real question is... DO people think that Lifesteal runes (+6% with quints) Masteries (+3%) and a starting vamp sceptor (or dorans blade, then vamp sceptor) and heavy attack speed is a good way to sustain?

If so, how much attack speed/lifesteal is realistic to shoot for? Also, are you doing enough damage to even matter as an ADC at that point?

Any thoughts on the general question, or even specifically to TF would be much appreciated!

Skelator84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

No responses yet huh?

I really want to know this, I have the three +2% LS quints already, so don't worry about if it "isn't worth the IP".

I just wonder what percentage of lifesteal+attack speed+AD becomes a "viable" sustain method?

I am trying +6% (quints) +3% (masteries) and starting Dorans, to see if I can sustain to farm long enough for boots+BF (or something).

Basically I suck at ADC, and the standard ADC characters/gameplay/builds bore me. I want to make a new way to play ADC, but actually be effective. Something like max attack speed+lifesteal+on hit items (ionic spark, wits, madred, malady, cleaver)+crit chance. I just don't know if it is actually viable or not.

My biggest question is do I pound on the LS quints/masteries/starting item? Or is that worthless?

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

I actually consistently run ADC builds with LS quints and masteries. It depends on the lane. If you have a sustain character it's definitely an option to run this and first item doran's blade. That's 12% LS which is enough.

But there's no end all be all way to start of the match off with items. I'd base it off your support. So if it's a sustain support I'd run dorans for the early game damage because you can afford it. But if it's a kill lane I go for trip health pots and boots so that we can harass and once the fight breaks out I should be full health. I always try to run runes with LS quints , AD marks, Armor Pen marks, Armor seals, and MR glyphs. This way I can duel once needed.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-07-2012

1. Can you last hit every minion without AD flat runes?

2. Understand how Lifesteal works. The percentage means that you steal that percentage of health based on the damage you do. So 10% lifesteal may be more sustain than 20% lifesteal depending on the amount of damage you're actually dealing. And if both percentages give equal sustain, then 10% lifesteal is better because if it's giving you equal sustain, you're doing more damage to your opponent.

3. Starting boots+3 pots can easily result in more sustain than starting a Doran's blade. Boots let you escape and dodge enemy abilities. Potions give you health on demand. The 3% life steal on Doran's requires actually hitting targets to gain life (and that's 3 HP per 100 damage you deal).

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

LS quints/masteries is a high-risk/high-reward type move to me. Because if you pull it off then you have the LS that scales into late game. If you want to base the match on the early game then flat AD and 3xPots and boots would be the way to go.

malphismia

11-07-2012

runes are meant to give you an extra boost early game. the only ones that are good all throughout are cdr, mr/level. if you can get that bit of extra advantage over your enemy and score a kill, you can use that 400 gold to buy a cheap item that trumps the entire value of your runes.

if you're really bad at adc, buy pots. pots = 200 health regained, lifesteal gives you a % of a small value, and you need to be constantly autoattacking to gain health which is not what you want to do during laning (which is probably why you do badly). learn to lasthit

lifesteal is one of the worst stats you can invest into, because your base damage is low and hasn't grown from levels and you have no huge damage boosts from items.

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

I can't remember the stats off my head but I wouldn't say it's bad. 10 extra AD early game is a guaranteed deciding factor on the early game. (Also with LS setup you can have 12% LS with dorans whic makes up the 10 ad and with a sustain lane puts you ahead early). One thing though he's right on the auto attacks. Only last hit (there's exceptions of course the most of the time it's last hits only).

This really depends on your style of play. The safest bet though is AD runes + boots 3xPots

Skelator84

11-07-2012

You guys make a VERY good point about the fact that I am last hitting most of the time, so I don't see that lifesteal coming back to me enough to sustain early game. I did not think of that.

Next question...
Are the LS quints worth using late game? Lets say I have a fed bloodthirster, and a zekes herald and close to max attack speed. Is the 32% to 38% difference (w/o quints and with quints) a big enough jump to justify using them late game?

Also when does the LS really seem to take over and "p*ss people off"? is 38% enough? Would adding executioners calling in there (making total 56) really make me feel powerful?

I REALLY want to make a lifesteal/as/ad Twisted Fate build work and not suck lol