[Featured Discussion] Flat health heal on hit item. why not?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightsprol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

I really really wish items would allow Leona to proc her own passive. I love playing her, but would really enjoy jungling or going solo top as her if she had some form of damage. If ionic spark consumed her passive's mark then she split push like a Shen if she had sunfire on top of it.

Exadin

11-06-2012

if they made an item that replenishes mana then they should bring back the old wits end to counter that. were it dealt dmg to your targets mana per hit. but lets face it thats not gonna happen so i dont see them makeing an item that would let u replenish mana like that. also it would give mana junglers away to stay out for an extramly long time they'd never need to b. just farm a few camps and they be good to gank again. hell y not make an item they increases energy regen to counter it then id be ok with it (i dont even play ninjas but it sounds like it would be more far)

Orbital Nuke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-06-2012

Oh man this thread is awesome.
Items are my favorite forum and play a far bigger part of the game balance than people give it credit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

The whole paradigm of X class gets a MS item Y is actually starting to show where the faults are. In order to specialize for movement speed, you have to build into a very specific item - which naturally creates this weird power gap where a class that is perfectly catered by item Y gets MS while every other class pays a gold tax of unwanted stats to get the same mobility. This naturally leads to people wanting more MS/X items for a specific class - which seems to suggest that maybe what people actually want is more ubiquitous movement options that don't consume slots rather than a continuous stream of one-off items with MS% randomly on it.
While this has become evident. I surely hope you feel the same way about tenacity. The options are so few and there is only one viable way to get it(MT) for the cost of a slot. If there were more viable items with tenacity built in, then players could have more flexibility on movement speed boots with either boots of swiftness or boots of mobility.

AitrusVon

11-06-2012

Quote:
Hm. This probably isn't a good time to mention that I removed FoN and scattered its various passives and pieces to the wind onto other items.

On the plus side though, Tanks now get to build Warmog's and not feel silly.

Although you'll still be able to build every piece of FoN used to offer. It just won't be rolled up into the particular stat combination. This counts against my spoiler count for the day. :P
This is going to hurt as this was a great item that really let Galio bully people around in mid. I hope that maybe we will see a larger variety of MR items, but there still needs to be a high end MR item. Compared to armor where there are 3 ways to get (99-100). It kind of feels silly that both AP and AD can get 50% through a single item and a single mastery, but that the FoN provided nowhere near the same protection as the armor items.

axesandspears

11-06-2012

Quote:
Thank you!

BiggieJohn

11-06-2012

Quote:
Quite honestly, I have no idea. There's a lot of moving parts here on changes.

Force of Nature served three purposes, one of which we couldn't make good.

1. High end MR item on one item.

We're not sure that a single rushed item should counter mages so heavily. So buying FoN for raw magic resistance was always going to be somewhat of a trap because we could never make it *good* to have this much MR on a single item without it simply being cost-inefficient so it could be slot-efficient.

There are ways to make an item cost-inefficient for selfish MR while still making it cost-efficient as a whole for MR though...

2. Regeneration/Siege

This we liked, but the fact that it was tied to a movement speed item and a magic resist item was a little weird. It didn't quite seem to click, so tanks that had to itemize regeneration kind of picked up a bunch of stats randomly.

Also, the tri-fecta of Warmogs / Spirit Visage / FoN was actually incredibly hard to get a good sense of balance. Mostly because it turns "on" super-late but mostly because they build on each other a little too much. While we like the build of 'I am unstoppable brick wall of regeneration' - we think that right now it's both really hard to get *and* overpowered when finished and we'd really like to see it be a more viable build that's more in line when it does happen so people feel like they aren't taking long-gambits but more of a choice on how to itemize.

3. Movement Speed

The whole paradigm of X class gets a MS item Y is actually starting to show where the faults are. In order to specialize for movement speed, you have to build into a very specific item - which naturally creates this weird power gap where a class that is perfectly catered by item Y gets MS while every other class pays a gold tax of unwanted stats to get the same mobility. This naturally leads to people wanting more MS/X items for a specific class - which seems to suggest that maybe what people actually want is more ubiquitous movement options that don't consume slots rather than a continuous stream of one-off items with MS% randomly on it.

For example, Lich Bane is the AP item with movement speed on it. That kind of screws every AP caster who doesn't want Lich Bane or can't use it well. This leads to this weird case where randomly, some class of characters get faster just because they can use Lich Bane well. While it's nice to have a few items like this - it's probably a sign as a whole that people want to be able to somehow spend more gold to get mobility rather than they want catered items that have MS on the item.
Another big middle finger to Nasus, Great... FON is or was his go to magic resist item.

Uilleam Uallas

11-06-2012

Damn... FoN was one of my favorite items.

Teemo AMA

11-06-2012

I still say remove ALL movement % and even boots from the game. Base line movement speed and maybe some supports buff speed but other than that I just feel like its annoying and EVERYONE starting with boots every game is retarded.

Teemo AMA

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieJohn View Post
Another big middle finger to Nasus, Great... FON is or was his go to magic resist item.
It was everyone's go to MR item bud

EchoAlien

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikslikejesus View Post
I still say remove ALL movement % and even boots from the game. Base line movement speed and maybe some supports buff speed but other than that I just feel like its annoying and EVERYONE starting with boots every game is retarded.
If they do that, they'll then have to modify any champs or planned champs that need speed for their abilities, Hecarim's for example, his passive is speed based.

This is up to them of course, what they want to change, but I hope not to see speed removed from the game because thats just boring. It's also not fair that if they left it at just specific-champion speed buffs, because if one team has a speed buff champ, and the other doesn't, well.... that's not fair. lol. We'll see what they do.