[Featured Discussion] Flat health heal on hit item. why not?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warm Gun

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdStorm View Post
I was thinking a flat health on hit item belongs in the game.

Similar to the way malady does magic damage on hit, an item that heals for a flat amount instead of percentage based like life steal does.

I think it would add build diversity to the game for characters that need some sustain but build attack speed instead of damage.

As long as its balanced correctly vs life steal I cant see why not.
Better Nerf Irelia.

Rasmenar

11-07-2012

Flat health on hit for Dorans Blade, awesome for Irelia, Warwick, Tristana

Wonder what they are doing for on-hit items in general to make on-hit builds more viable?

axesandspears

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fCKzAr View Post
But then most mages are AOE, so their DPS is essentially much higher. ADs are solely single target and thus their DPS reduction is linear with AS reduction. Also AS reduction works on max AS, while AS increase works on base AS.
Most mages have at least 1 AoE spell, but mages are still far behind carries in most cases because of the cooldowns on their abilities. More than 300 dps is exceptional, and Casseopia is the only mage I know about that can break 400 dps in this game.

Attack speed reduction works on YOUR attack speed because it makes the most sense. It technically is based on base attack speed if you have only the base attack speed.

I assume you are complaining that Attack speed reduction lowers the attack speed cap. This is true, but it is also necessary for it to have a real impact on the ridiculous dps that carries can sometimes get.

Onisake

11-07-2012

I've just come back to the game, and in the patch notes i haven't really seen any changes to this mechanic. so if its' becoming a problem, i'm not sure why, as it hasn't really changed. but maybe someone figured out something new.

New champions have been introduced, and I feel some are exceptionally strong.

I feel the current lifesteal mechanic scales appropriately. Sure, doran's blade could use the flat instead of a small percentage to prevent abuse. but for the most part champs without innate lifesteal scale well. However champs that have innate lifesteal feel a lot stronger in lane to me. mainly because there is not as much tradeoff between getting more damage or more lifesteal. you have some innate lifesteal so you can focus more on raw damage and health. overall i don't think this is a problem though and fairly easy to manage.

The same is true for some champs that seem to have a lot of raw damage early on. Darius comes to mind, his kit seems very strong and easy to use. so he can focus more on survivibility early because his kit provides so much damage. This to me is a much bigger problem, as it reminds me of the problem we had with Ryze. Fortunately Darius' damage doesn't scale with his health, so he does fall off a little late game if he doesn't build some damage. in cases like this it can be straightforward as to what to do, as you can just adjust an individual champ.

But bruisers have much better itemization than a lot of the other champs due to how forgiving they are to small mistakes. you can get away easier because they are beefier, where as if you're against a 'kill lane' bottom you can become easily out-zoned and can't go for an optimal build.

This is one reason i would be in favor of a flat health gain on hit. early on you dont' necessarily have the damage needed to sustain through small percentages of lifesteal. so i think it could help some ADCs out a lot in staying in lane when you have a less than ideal support and you're against some very strong opponents.

But I always have the constant fear of abuse by the bruiser classes. almost every item that has needed nerfed or adjusted is because of abuse by bruisers. I remember reading something about early armor getting nerfed. and from what i read, it's because of abuse by bruisers. i'm very much against items scaling off of defensive stats. i really dont' think bruisers need more/better power creep than they have now, so anything they might be able to abuse i'm adamantly against.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

If any other person said these things, I am not sure how the forum would have handled it. By this, I mean that xyph is a pretty reliable source of info into his department, and is REALLY good at what he does. Also, his history is pretty clean. *cough*HEIMER LOVE*cough* Keep it up, Morello and others should look up to you!

Sairentosutoka

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by krobar94 View Post
I'd not like this. ADCs are supposed to be very weak in the early part of the game with little to no regen. The early is meant to trade directly with the late and then they have their moment to shine. If you meant these on a bruiser then normally they have some way to sustain or great dmg so they don't need it as much as their opponent. If you wan't this for AS builds, and you attack for 2.5 AS, then you could get crazy sustain in the lane, but you would also push it hardcore. I'm not sure, I just really don't like the idea overall. I feel like AD items shouldnt pack much sustain other than life steal.
nearly every adc gets 2 dorans or a vampiric scepter before 15mins so i dont see the difference its not like they gonna make the item heal a flat 100 per hit no its gonna be low like 15-30 which isnt bad since an adc before lvl 20 can heal 30+ with a vampire scepter and a bf sword or 2 dorans instead of bf

Sherrif

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-07-2012

Featured discussion has the right to be featured.

Nice to see some responses into this, but the discussion derailed a little bit.

Cpt Mookie

11-07-2012

Champions with passives hp regen would definitely abuse this. Like Fiora and Garen would be at full hp during the lane phase regardless of successful ganks, or mistakes made on their part. Life steal works because of how minuscule the effect is during the early lane phase.

Wacky Wonny

11-07-2012

Flat heal on hit seems a little to much like Irelia.... oh god. Don't tell me they will be nerfing Irelia again ... well I expected it sooner or later.

Sogreth

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiIon View Post
There are so many champs that would break this item. Cho'gath, Jayce, Nasus, Gp, Yorick, the list goes on.
warwick...lol