Watch the #1 Nasus lose! (BeefJerkyHunter stream/videos)

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metalfenrir

11-20-2012

Queue with a handful of friends. If you've been having issues bot lane, go top. If top has been giving you issues, go bot.

Pick a champ that you like but haven't played for awhile. In my experience, if I become too comfortable with a champion and my performance doesn't meet my expectations, I become absurdly frustrated with the game. Picking back up an old champ makes my expectations more realistic.

Just my two cents, gl

BeefJerkyHunter

11-20-2012

I can't get AP Nasus to work. The early game AP items are costly and don't provide much 1v1 capability for Nasus. I must work harder!

BeefJerkyHunter

11-23-2012

And I shall have many videos posted tonight. Already played 9 and still going.

HSSSH

11-23-2012

I have a question, sir,

Dominion bot lane, I was play as Nasus, my opponent is Zed,
I start with chain vest and blue crystal, try to rush a frozen heart.
I push very hard and zoned him out. I can defeat him if he wants to trade with me.

But then, he just play very defensively,
He stay in tower and clear minions, and his clearing speed is very fast.
My E (spirit fire) can't make any effective harassment to him,
and I can't neutralize the tower by just minions.
So I keep pushing and leave myself into a "Oh gank me please" situation.
And of course, enemy tf and xin gank me, with his ult, and I died a lot.

I used to recall and buy something if I cannot neutralize their tower, but this time it's different,
My teammates keep losing top, which means if bot lane turn into a stalemate condition then we will absolutely lose.
So I think I have to do something.

Do you have any suggestion about this situation?
This happens sometime when top lane keep losing, and I play a defensive bot laner (Nasus and Maokai), I don't have the power to kill my opponent in a short time, and I can't help my team if my opponent clear minions very fast and stay in tower most of the time

Fabs457

11-24-2012

you've inspired me to take up nasus (at least for awhile :P)

what are your thoughts on him as far as S3 itemization goes? think he could be taken top or will he still be delegated towards bottom lane duties

BeefJerkyHunter

11-24-2012

@HSSSH
That is one of the pitfalls Nasus has. If the other player is playing super-defensively, you can't really neutralize or capture their tower. The only way you can win is if you can just run over the guy while he's on the tower or slowly have the 3 minions grind down the tower health. I can't really suggest anything other than ask for a gank.

If you're going about attrition by having minions disable the tower, you need to make sure that you're earning more gold than the enemy. It's already a given that you're getting the gold for the enemy minions because you've already pushed, but you need to make sure that the enemy can't get you minions. You can make it where you can very carefully last hit the minions and stall the waves, but it will likely get pushed to the turret. At this point it's best to use Wither on the enemy champion and "try" to cap the turret. Doing this will freeze the turret and the minions can hit away a little bit longer. You'll likely get interrupted, but sometimes the enemy can't hit you because of the slow from Wither.

If it's earlier in the game, say before level 9, Spirit Fire should be able to deal an admirable amount of damage to the enemy.

@Fabs457
I have no idea what to think about the season 3 items.

BeefJerkyHunter

11-24-2012

Though far from the truth, as always, I shall also declare myself to be the #1 Twitch player as well!

BeefJerkyHunter

12-01-2012

I truly am losing as Nasus. Sad night.

Zulgaines

12-02-2012

The way bot lane Nasus scales into late game makes for so many clutch wins, it's a lot of fun to watch at times.

One of the S3 items is a new upgrade from sheen and glacial shroud. New build possibilities are there and CC(On hit AoE slow) for Nasus.

BeefJerkyHunter

12-09-2012

Silly me. I thought Nasus was phased out but all I had to do was build a Black Cleaver.

12345678 ... 9