Jayce vs Jax Solo Top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaCalibur

11-05-2012

A lot of people recommend Jayce to counter Jax top. And while the evidence says "Yes Jayce should win"... statistics show otherwise.

Part of the gameplay portion of the game in strategy can make a big difference.
Jayce is squishier than Jax at start.
Jayce doesn't have a whole lot of burst at start and doesn't deal as much damage as Jax.
Jax counters Jayce with his auto attack passive and can out match Jayce for sure between Lv.1 to 3. And that's all it takes.

I can confidently go top lane with Jax wearing only boots rather than armor. Although armor makes it just that much easier. Anyway..
First thing I do is enter the lane past Jayce's minions directly toward him. A little of a mind game really.
Secondly, he either tries to poke at me or sits in the back away from me. If he tries to poke I jump down his throat with my Q, auto attack and he tries his Q. So he does a little damage, but the thing is.. my passive procs every hit and I'm doing more damage than he can do sooner than he realizes. He'll try to kite me as he runs but i'll be right behind him hitting him up until he decides "Okay I need to gtfo" and he just runs. Then I back off to the minions and farm.
In the end of that I am gaining levels and farm better than he is. In most cases he doesn't get any farm because I'm constantly jumping him when he tries to get near. He already had to pot probably twice too while I didn't even really need to waste a pot yet. And as soon as I clear a couple waves I am well farmed in enough to buy Ninja Tabi and some more pots and a ward. (Reason I buy this first is because then I can chase him down that much easier and he has a much lower capability of trying to kite me or harass me at all. And he'll do even further less damage than before. And it protects me from potential ganks as they'd be necessary at this point and the ward helps prevent that too.)

In all honesty Jax outdoes Jayce at the very start. Where it all matters. If a Jax sits back in fear of being harassed by Jayce he's not realizing he can take Jayce. And by the time they're both around lv.3 to 4 it's too late. Jayce will have enough farm because he has not been denied it and when you both recall he'll be able to match you now to the extent that he'll survive anything you try to do to him early on.

That's just my take on in it anyway. I've never seen a Jayce beat Jax top. Not when Jax is used properly and takes advantage of his early ups.

NinjaCalibur

11-05-2012

No one has any thoughts on this? o.O

Tempestphile

11-05-2012

and Jarvan wins

a tiny ant

11-05-2012

Jax can't really spam his gapcloser early game. Jayce can just keep his distance and knock him back whenever Jax tries something.

Prizmo

11-05-2012

yorick

FranKK456

11-05-2012

Jax gets raped by Jayce in early, therefore he'll be weaker than him in late.
Jayce is ranged, also he can knock back Jax whenever he tries to do the Q-E Combo

kraxirra

11-05-2012

Jax won't be able to do much besides try and get farm early. But once Jax gets his items, he scales soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much harder than Jayce. If the game gets to 30 mins and jax has tri, vamp, armor...Jax wins.

Realest of Reals

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranKK456 View Post
Jax gets raped by Jayce in early, therefore he'll be weaker than him in late.
Jayce is ranged, also he can knock back Jax whenever he tries to do the Q-E Combo
Problem with OP is that you started with the notion Jayce would get Q level 1. If I'm against Jax at top, I'm getting E level one to prevent the early aggro you talked about. I'm also likely gonna max that first since in order to win lane, Jax will need to be very aggressive. For the same reason, I max E on Jayce against mostly anyone with consistent gap closers like Jax, Irelia, Darius (reverse gap closer), Renekton, and Lee Sin. Oddly enough, these same people are fairly strong at face tanking Jayce's Q if you try to harass with it. They turn into farming lanes, and if Jayce turns a lane into a farming lane, Jayce wins that lane.

DrunkenRageFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

The Jayce's you've played against seem to have playing Jayce top all wrong. It's favorable to use gun mode in lane yes, but hammer mode supplies Jayce with a much better dueling kit. Maxing static field is makes the damage difference between Jaxs passive and Jayce negligible. Jax has mana issues early if he uses leap strike a lot and can't maintain harass. If Jayce starts by rushing philo then he shouldn't have too much trouble against Jax.

Knockback when he goes to stun, static field to level the damage, gun mode to harass and farm safely in between attacks.

Realest of Reals

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenRageFish View Post
Maxing static field...
Didn't read past that. Shut up.