Stop *****ing About New Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

11-04-2012

Alright, normally I'm nice and kind about things, but this needs to end.

I see this:

New Champion is Obviously Overpowered: OMG RIOT NERF TO THE FLOOR

New Champion is Obviously Underpowered: WTF? MAKE STRONKER

New Champion is Balanced or Has a High Skill Cap: Needs buffs. Or possibly tweaks. I'm not happy with this. Change it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

... Seriously, please, all I ask is that before a thread comes up with a new champion, take the time to analyze them more than that one match you failed in because you didn't bother to try him or her in a bot match.

Rengar was fine but in need of a slight buff. People complained so much he went out of control.

Syndra was balanced but had a high skill cap. People complained way too much.

Elise is -perfectly balanced and okay-, and people are carping.

Now here comes Zed. I'd imagine he'd work sorta similar to Talon as an AD assassin that works similar to a mage? Ish? Similar idea?

I fear of what will come.

All I ask is that you spend the time to learn a champion. If you do everything possible, truly know them inside and out, and still fail miserably, often, then please tell us what the issues are.

Thank you.

Germanking66

11-05-2012

I cant stand to see you like this! You used to be nice but now you became scary and mad. Please! Let it be like the good times where you were like "see that thread? Im just going to let that person get torn apart by people who know they're talking about"? I miss your nicer ways D:

....On a more serious note, that is just the way it is. It really sucks but people get caught off gaurd by a new champ and instead of using strategy, they want nerfs. It's kind of like how people still complain about how trynd is OP. Intead of looking for a solution they just cry because it's easier.

Ohasis

11-05-2012

You do realize that the whinging people do isn't really taken into account right? It only seems that way because somebody stumbles upon something that Riot didn't intend on, and because it was unintentional it needs to be rechecked-rebalanced.
I would imagine use a lot of data to determine whether a champ is UP/OP, like KDA of a champ, or damage done/received/healed, over a certain amount of time to determine whether or not something needs to be done.

Yes people whinge on forums, yes Riot staff maybe read it, and no, it probably doesn't affect who/what they change in game

After release and even still now Syndra has one of the poorest winrates.
I play Rengar, after his buffs he was just plain stupid. Purple side spawn was almost a guaranteed FB on top lane.

Jesustim

11-05-2012

not sure about the QQ, but they're getting pretty boring pushing out assassin after assassin

Azerax53

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohasis View Post
You do realize that the whinging people do isn't really taken into account right? It only seems that way because somebody stumbles upon something that Riot didn't intend on, and because it was unintentional it needs to be rechecked-rebalanced.
I would imagine use a lot of data to determine whether a champ is UP/OP, like KDA of a champ, or damage done/received/healed, over a certain amount of time to determine whether or not something needs to be done.

Yes people whinge on forums, yes Riot staff maybe read it, and no, it probably doesn't affect who/what they change in game

After release and even still now Syndra has one of the poorest winrates.
I play Rengar, after his buffs he was just plain stupid. Purple side spawn was almost a guaranteed FB on top lane.
^
This.

Joe Krake

11-05-2012

I'd just like them to actually be more creative with champs. Oh....another jungler assassin, goodie goodie.

Final Zenith

11-05-2012

Agreed. Although I DO love to play Rengar, they just seem to come out with junglers and assassins over and over again. More variety plz. Maybe new support next time? or APC?

Best Furry NA

11-05-2012

I'd love to see some variety.

APC recently.. Well, "recently", was Zyra.

Now don't get me wrong; my 2 favorite positions are mid and jungling, but I'd still like to see some more variety as well.

I'd like to see a unique ADC soon. Not really into the ones that are around now. I like Kog but he feels too squishy (not a time for debate, just my own self), Varus is kinda neat I guess, but I'd like to see another. Trist was fun too I suppose. But I'd still like to see another.

Cheese852

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Ok, a friend of mine played Syndra solid for enough time to build up 10k ip. Noone else,just Syndra. I'd say he mastered her, farmed well, harassed well, ganked, was positioned well late game. But she was still mediocre! Her numbers were just too low once you left the laning phase! Syndra needed a buff, she didn't just have a high skill cap.

Right now Elise is perfectly balanced? She has a 39% win rate, there is just better assasins. She needs a bit of a buff.

Rengar was broken, bugs and damage, at launch, jungle Sona had a better clear speed! Then riot overbuffed him, that's riots fault, and then balanced him.

Most often the communities ideas accurately reflect what needs to be changed.

Volibears passive and chomp was op, they nerfed it but its still viable.
Lulu's glitter lance was op, they nerfed it but its still decent!
Varus was balanced at launch, maybe a little underpowered, so the community didn't rage, and riot didn't change him, (minus the small recent buff).

See what I mean? These changes are all good! The community reflects what actually needs to be changed.

Best Furry NA

11-06-2012

I've heard of Syndra's doing well. Perhaps she was in need of a slight buff, but nothing major.

Of course Elise is low, she's new and high skill cap.

Rengar was slightly behind, but he was okay. People complained, then his damage soared.