Looking for some tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blooddragon

11-04-2012

Hi, I'm a relatively new level 30 and I absolutely love jungling. I just have a lot of trouble with it =/ I play shaco, lee sin and shen when jungling mostly, but on shen specifically, i find myself having a really hard time getting gold. I get so caught up in ganking other lanes that i lose out on farm and end up with cruddy gear. I have trouble with jungle speed on him too, he does so little damage that it takes forever to kill the mobs -_-

Any tips that can possibly help me out while jungling on Shen? Or any other Jungler?

RAWRitsJ3zza

11-04-2012

I personally haven't played shen jungle but I do play jungle a lot. I used to have a lot of problems with gold but I think I know why. When I played jungle I used to only focus on either pure CS or constant ganking. I think the best way to get gold is to balance the two whilst always getting dragon when possible. Also when I gank I always try to make sure the person in the lane gets the kill, this will give you less gold but if all of your laners are strong your ganking will be much easier meaning more gold for everyone.

Phoenix0Wright

11-04-2012

Part of the problem I see is that Shen plays much differently than Shaco or Lee Sin. Junglers all have different play styles ; for example, some specialize in great ganks during the laning phase (LS, Shaco, Rengar), while others are picked more for their late-game value (Shen, Cho, Malphite). LS and Shaco are early game monsters, and their ganks are likely to be successful; as long as they get some kills, they can get away with clearing their camps less often. Shen, on the other hand, gets most of his gold from farming since while his ganks aren't bad, they aren't good enough to be his primary source of income. Your teammates may call for ganks constantly and even get mad at you, but that's not really Shen's strongest suit; if you get farmed up you'll be a much bigger presence later, which is where Shen shines anyways.

It's useful to build a HoG. The gold/5 really adds up, and bonus health is always nice on a tank like Shen. That's kind of a cure of the symptoms and not the underlying problem, but it should help you out (and I usually build it on Shen anyways when I play him).

I guess my general advice would be to make sure your camps are clear before you gank, or at least have a camp to farm near the lane you're ganking. Also (and this is something I see bad junglers do a lot), don't just run back and forth between Bot and Top lane looking to gank; it's a huge time-waster and you're missing out on valuable experience and gold. Instead, after you've gone top work your way bot while farming up all your camps or vice versa. This is especially true with Shen, since if he's needed somewhere all of a sudden while he's farming he can just Ult. In addition, don't feel afraid to last hit in a lane if your teammate needs to go back/dies. If they aren't there to get the gold and experience, you might as well. If you do, just make sure you don't push the lane up.

EDIT: Don't take that first paragraph as me saying "never gank with Shen ever", but your priority should be getting farmed. I hope I was helpful.

Blooddragon

11-05-2012

Thank you for the responses =D I'm gunna try em out now and see how it works.

[edit] Just took your advice and went 0/2/22 and grabbed the win for my team =D Not too shabby