Can we lower the surrender timer to like.. .5 minutes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nykidemus

11-04-2012

Cause really - I have played maybe 3 Shadow Isle games that have not had a huge advantage established within the first 6-7 minutes and then mercilessly ridden to victory.

I have both been stomped and done the stomping, and neither is especially satisfying.

Booyal

Recruiter

11-04-2012

While I don't think 5 is the right time, I think 10 or so would be nice. had a match yesterday at 15 minutes we were already on their last turret, now I don't really care since I was on the winning side, but I'm sure they'd have wanted to surrender sooner if possible.

I know I would have in that situation.

xSTEPx

11-04-2012

more like 8 minutes

Germanking66

11-04-2012

My problem with the early surrenders is that:
1: it's not manly
2: There are many times when I thought a situation was hopeless then we end up winning. Making it so short to even that of 10 minutes, I feel that alot of people would then surrender even they could have won. I feel like there should be a mechanic based on the scoreboard that decides how fast you can surrender. Like 10 kill down is that 8 minute surrender some might be looking for.

Nykidemus

11-04-2012

I was being a little hyperbolic with the 5 minute example, but it bears the point. Games are won super early now. What I'd really like to see is less snowballing.

Nykidemus

11-04-2012

Also Riven. Jesus ****ing christ.

Malvarian

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by krobar94 View Post
My problem with the early surrenders is that:
1: it's not manly
2: There are many times when I thought a situation was hopeless then we end up winning. Making it so short to even that of 10 minutes, I feel that alot of people would then surrender even they could have won. I feel like there should be a mechanic based on the scoreboard that decides how fast you can surrender. Like 10 kill down is that 8 minute surrender some might be looking for.
I feel like I have a lot of 15 minute games where we knew it was over in 5. And I'm not talking about 'OH it's 1-8 and we're losing I give up'... I'm talking about a situation I had last night where our third guy would disconnect and reconnect every 30 seconds. And the first time was just as we charged into the opponents at the beginning. WOOT. Anyway, needless to say it went south quickly and his connection never solidified... could've been over much earlier. Maybe not 5 minutes but by 10 minutes we knew we were done.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

People already moan about the "Oh it's 1-8 and we're losing I give up", and literally countdown the time until surrender. I count on using those next 5-8 mins until "surrender-time" to give my team some hope.

In the old TT, I found games were decided early more often (barring a turtle, which is its own discussion and had its counters). Here, I find that towers just take longer to start falling, regardless of how the game is really going.

And, although I don't like it, the "fall off a cliff" deathtimers mean that regardless of how far behind you are, if there is a possibility of you winning a teamfight lategame, you can push like a damn.